Archived requisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
My store has completely stopped any requisitions for anything except items needed for the store to operate. Have other stores done the same?

The other night I was asked if I could stay late to help out at the front lanes because we had a call-off. I said that I'd stay until closing....an extra 3 1/2 hours. The extra time meant that I'd have to spend money to buy a lunch...therefore about half an hour of pay since I hadn't packed a lunch. I asked the LOD if it was possible to buy me a pizza and a beverage. That's when the LOD said that they aren't allowed to requisition things anymore. Really? Especially in the past they've bought a lunch for me before.

It's not as though I'm asking for much....a pizza & a beverage. By staying I was the only cashier for the last 45 minutes of the night. So, I'm helping my TMs out and that's it?

OK...I know that people are going to say that I was getting paid for my extra time....yes, I admit and do agree with that. But why can't the store step up and help out? In staying the 3 1/2 hours I am also losing money by having to buy a lunch.

One thing I have learned...even though the extra pay was nice the next time I'm asked to stay I'll only stay long enough to help without having to get a lunch!!

My store requisitions stuff for TMs all the time - lunches, snacks for everyone, lotions/hand sanitizers, air freshener, khakis, personal items, gifts for birthdays, etc but it’s mostly the GSAs that do it :eek:

The other night I was asked if I could stay late to help out at the front lanes because we had a call-off. I said that I'd stay until closing....an extra 3 1/2 hours. The extra time meant that I'd have to spend money to buy a lunch...therefore about half an hour of pay since I hadn't packed a lunch. I asked the LOD if it was possible to buy me a pizza and a beverage. That's when the LOD said that they aren't allowed to requisition things anymore. Really? Especially in the past they've bought a lunch for me before.

they could have just taken you to Food Ave or Starbucks and had the TM GIVE you something and then qmos'ed the food instead of formally requisitioning it

I’m in kahoots with a GSA who will requisition anything I ask like Starbucks or candy I want to try (nothing weird we’re just good friends) but he’s also on a final so there’s that

I’m in kahoots with a GSA who will requisition anything I ask like Starbucks or candy I want to try (nothing weird we’re just good friends) but he’s also on a final so there’s that

I wonder if he has an ulterior motive ;-)

My store has completely stopped any requisitions for anything except items needed for the store to operate. Have other stores done the same?

Something similar happened at my store in one of the previous years. The GSTLs at that time requisitioned stuff without regard as to how much they were spending. They blew our annual budget (sum total of the 12 months of budgets) before the year was even close to being over. No one was allowed to requisition anything without STL/ETL approval for the rest of the fiscal year. After that year, our store watches how we spend to keep everything within the monthly budget so we don't go over the annual budget.

Last edited:
Here is the thing about requisitioning food items, if it’s initiated by a TL/ETL as “recognition”, I think its fine.... for example “hey James thanks for staying late today, I am going to requisition a drink or a pizza for you” I am always wary of TMs coming up to me and ASKING for “free” stuff. I think it sets a bad precedent.
Granted, you staying late called for Recognition, but like I said, it should’ve been initiated by the leader.
In cases when a TM does ask me for food items I pay out of my pocket, within reason.

It's not as though I'm asking for much....a pizza & a beverage. By staying I was the only cashier for the last 45 minutes of the night. So, I'm helping my TMs out and that's it?

OK...I know that people are going to say that I was getting paid for my extra time....yes, I admit and do agree with that. But why can't the store step up and help out? In staying the 3 1/2 hours I am also losing money by having to buy a lunch.

One thing I have learned...even though the extra pay was nice the next time I'm asked to stay I'll only stay long enough to help without having to get a lunch!!

Your store has a budget for recognition/free stuff. Given that the LOD stated no to you, this means either your store has little money in the budget (not likely since budget rolled around about 5 months ago) or most likely, b/c your store has a 'monthly' allowance they try to stay within to ensure they don't blow through the store budget by year end and they have maxed it out. Thus, HR has sent down a directive no money is to be spent on recognition until that budget balances itself out. So, 'underspend' to make up for overspending.

One of the things my store does in terms of food is that we always have at least two packs of bread and some peanut butter and jelly in the break room. it's not much but it's definitely saved me when I was really hungry couple times

Ever time there is a double truck free drinks soda or Starbucks. Last week 2 double trucks.

Our store doesn't even req things out when they have things listed on the FFF calendar, although we usually do have PB&J in the break room.

I think its wrong to expect free food from your leadership [IMO.] The requisition account isn't unlimited account and this why many stores have sandwiches during Black Friday. I would have been grateful that the LOD bought you food out of their own pocket. I know there is situations where stores do this but let the leadership make those calls and don't expect.

Last edited:
Here is the thing about requisitioning food items, if it’s initiated by a TL/ETL as “recognition”, I think its fine.... for example “hey James thanks for staying late today, I am going to requisition a drink or a pizza for you” I am always wary of TMs coming up to me and ASKING for “free” stuff. I think it sets a bad precedent.
Granted, you staying late called for Recognition, but like I said, it should’ve been initiated by the leader.
In cases when a TM does ask me for food items I pay out of my pocket, within reason.

Same here. I requestioned things as recognition for a tm and a week later when I asked him to do something he said sure for a monster. I said how about a paycheck.

One of the things my store does in terms of food is that we always have at least two packs of bread and some peanut butter and jelly in the break room. it's not much but it's definitely saved me when I was really hungry couple times

That's actually a treat at my store and is special enough to get listed on our FFF calendar!

Same here. I requestioned things as recognition for a tm and a week later when I asked him to do something he said sure for a monster. I said how about a paycheck.
LMAO. I don’t even know how many times “I’ll do it for a Starbucks” has came out of my mouth

My SFS TL during q4 used to req out cooler drinks for us, sure kept morale up for us.

Other wise it's just necessary stuff for us, I'm not to sure what they do when we have food in the break room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back