Research: Store Amenities

A store's ability to accept WIC isn't entirely under their control--if they have too many overrides or whatnot the WIC program will yank their eligibility. I would also assume that it's not the easiest thing in the world to be able to accept WIC in the first place (I'm assuming there's some sort of application process, and given that it's government, it's probably not easy. I could be wrong about that), and smaller stores and/or stores without much in the way of grocery wouldn't bother.
I’ve also read that stores in more affluent areas simply don’t have/never have had a pressing need for processing WIC for the guests in that area, if you catch my drift. You’re also definitely right about it not being the easiest thing in the world to process WIC.

A store's ability to accept WIC isn't entirely under their control--if they have too many overrides or whatnot the WIC program will yank their eligibility. I would also assume that it's not the easiest thing in the world to be able to accept WIC in the first place (I'm assuming there's some sort of application process, and given that it's government, it's probably not easy. I could be wrong about that), and smaller stores and/or stores without much in the way of grocery wouldn't bother.

There is an application process. My store failed it.

Chobani Cafe sounds interesting.

I wanna know what these weird rando ones are. Which Wich Sandwiches, Sun Boutique, D'Amico & Sons, and Chobani Cafe. Sounds like good food.

The Tribeca (Manhattan) Target Store had a Chobani. I’ve been to this store one zillion times, and despite being offered samples on numerous occasions, I never once saw anyone actually go there.

A Starbucks or practically anything else, would have done so much better. Currently, the store is being remodeled and I think Chobani is out. Not sure if it’s being replaced or not.

I’ve also been to the other Manhattan Stores, East Village, Lower East Side, 34th St, and the TriBeCa store was the only location with a Food/Vendor Offering. I haven’t been to the Kips Bay location, but I assume it’s the same.

Than there is the store in Harlem (read- not in Manhattan) which has a classic Food Ave/Pizza Hut Express and Starbucks. Nothing else.

———

As for Wich Wich. The food is just okay. Jersey Mikes sells a better sub.

D’amico & Sons... I believe is just a regional Chicago chain. I’m not sure if there are any outside IL.

D’Amico & Sons... I believe is just a regional Chicago chain. I’m not sure if there are any outside IL.
Weirdly enough it’s actually inside the Target in Maple Grove, MN. I’ve been in there a couple times.
Not surprisingly, it’s one of the closest stores to the Northern Campus HQ...

And???? I didn’t make the list.

Way old post too.

I know this is old but...
In our state Target stores cannot accept WIC if they are within a mile of a grocery store.
The Super Targets in our area are far enough from any grocery, chain or otherwise.

Back