Archived Research

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I scan and empty area and it shows on hand count 0, 0 on the floor, 0 in back, do I still tap the button to update count?
Also, do I tap capacity? Or is that for instocks?

I think so, I think a purpose of research is to get accurate counts alongside filling it up.

What's the difference between RIGS and doing RESEARCH?

Yeah if you are in research mode, updating it with zero when it's already at zero should in theory trip something at the DC to send you more if the product is still active.

Capacity is just how many can fit on the shelf. You only need to adjust it if it's obviously incorrect.

What's the difference between RIGS and doing RESEARCH?

Rigs are system generated asking you to go check these items out. Rigs fall under research but you may be asked you go research a block and that means you go and research outs and lows.

If I update on hands to 0 even when it's already 0, it will come in within two trucks. Sometimes I'll scan in the morning and by the afternoon that item shows as being "on the way" with a date.
This is why the Outs/Research/Instocks Team is needed. The system, depending on what the item is, should automatically order the it when the inventory gets to a certain OH count, or generate a RIG to make sure the OH is correct and then order if necessary. But, now with E2E no one has time to do research and our sales floor is starting to look like Swiss cheese ... holes all over the place.

I agree that we still need to do In-Stocks. People make mistakes, stuff gets stolen - and stuff doesn't get replenished. And then the DC unloads gobs of product that we don't need because it wasn't getting sent to stores where no one was researching outs.

If I update on hands to 0 even when it's already 0, it will come in within two trucks. Sometimes I'll scan in the morning and by the afternoon that item shows as being "on the way" with a date.

This is purely coincidental. Zeroing out a 0 on hand does nothing to speed up replenishment. The system already ordered it when your on hand dropped below the OTL.

An old ETL who came from the DC told me they got rid of rapid replenishment or whatever it was called where they specifically picked what came up in research and it all fell together. DC problems

Then why does my store have so many OUTS with Zero OH numbers? I am talking basic items like water or toilet paper.
That's a difficult question to answer. You should pull it up in ITA. That will let you know if the DC is out. If the DC is in stock and you are still chronically out, look up the OTL to see if it's sufficient. Also remember that DCs utilize priority processing so if the item is a top seller in another store they will get it first. The only exception to this rule is that priority processing is not utilized during Q4.

Your OTLs are the key to replenishment. If you are letting items go out of stock often or are not researching your OUTS your OTLs will begin to erode to nothing and you lose out on maxing out replenishment to what it should be versus possible sales.

6 years of in stocks experience here in stores ranging from AAA+++ volume down to D volume ;)

An old ETL who came from the DC told me they got rid of rapid replenishment or whatever it was called where they specifically picked what came up in research and it all fell together. DC problems
Rapid replenishment did not go away.

Team leaders will now be responsible for RIGS in their areas. In-stocks as we know it is really going away.

We do that here with end to end teams owning rigs and then someone is scheduled in-stocks to scan areas and then pull and push.

Team leaders will now be responsible for RIGS in their areas. In-stocks as we know it is really going away.
I'm sure that'll go over well in ULVs that have just one TL for the entire salesfloor (probably a senior with 2-3 LOD shifts per week).

Yeah if you are in research mode, updating it with zero when it's already at zero should in theory trip something at the DC to send you more if the product is still active.

Capacity is just how many can fit on the shelf. You only need to adjust it if it's obviously incorrect.
It does. So I do that a lot especially when it likes to set at 0 for a week.

Yes, sadly it is. And I have the fun joy of training people how to do them. And how to pull. Love the fact that they told a new guy saturday to go pull his batch and he couldnt find it. He wondered around the batch room for 30 minutes. So when they told me too, I found him and showed him in detail how to do it.

This is purely coincidental. Zeroing out a 0 on hand does nothing to speed up replenishment. The system already ordered it when your on hand dropped below the OTL.
Not true. I have outs that still as outs for weeks if I don't touch them. I had one last 3 weeks. Nothing in the back, nothing lost. It just sat at 0 and 0 on the way. So I started every other day 0 reserching it. Took 3 truck days to get it finally come it.

Not true. I have outs that still as outs for weeks if I don't touch them. I had one last 3 weeks. Nothing in the back, nothing lost. It just sat at 0 and 0 on the way. So I started every other day 0 reserching it. Took 3 truck days to get it finally come it.
Did you verify DC quantities and orders they had pending in ITA? That's the first thing you should have done. Again, it is purely coincidental. If you have 0 OH with nothing on withdrawl and nothing OO you should check ITA. If the DC is in stock then you need to my support it. The idea that zeroing out something over and over again to "trip something" at the DC is a myth. Our distilled water, and yours too since its been a company wide issue is a perfect example. Zero it out all you want, it wont come and nothing will show as OO until the DC has a verified order coming in with units allocated to you or an order pending that hasn't been withdrawn from their inventory via pick label. The only thing on store side that triggers an order is your on hands, its as simple as that. I do reccomend hitting zero to update the SFQ if it is showing quanties on the sales floor that are not there so autopush doesn't send it to the back when it does arrive.

Bullshit. @Flow Warrior is right. I have been doing Instocks since 3-months after it started when it was called The Outs Team, and on some items the stock isn't replenished until it is researched. Coincidence my ass.
Fair enough. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you. I was just stating the facts. This is a perfect example of Team Members and Team Leaders who over think something that is very simple. I guess I'll tell my buddies at spot to start researching everything twice a day so it gets there even faster! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back