Archived Audit vs Research?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the process of doing the audits by going into your department then Suspect Tasks, but what exactly is Reseach outs? One person told me to use My work and click on the Person icon on the top left and click research....another told me not to use that and use the audit screen to research outs?

What’s the difference and which is a tuLly the correct information and what does research outs really do?

I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t be using my work research anymore if your store is using audit.

Is there a reason why? I could not get an answer from anyone has to why

Do research in the Audit app. That's how research should be done now. I think the one in MyWork doesn't work anymore? Researching outs is like ordering... somewhat. If you scanned for outs and you have some in the back, it will fall into the next autofill to be pulled. If you don't have it in the back, you'll get some in your future truck load.

Is there a reason why? I could not get an answer from anyone has to why
Yes the reason is that if you do research in my work , it won’t show up in the move up , it willl however drop into the pda which you no longer use because the two systems don’t correspond . Pda is used for sweep , price change , mirs, qa, quantity audit,seasonal batches , if you do audit task it will drop in move app as oos ( out of stock).

I know the stores get sent audit reports, for some reason some stores still had Research being shot through mywork and got called out on it in emails since they still show up.
It’s the same general task, two different apps, main difference is the system stops you from auditing an item if it’s been received recently, if it’s in a batch going to be worked out, basically to stop inaccurate counts of the SF and Backroom.

I know the stores get sent audit reports, for some reason some stores still had Research being shot through mywork and got called out on it in emails since they still show up.
It’s the same general task, two different apps, main difference is the system stops you from auditing an item if it’s been received recently, if it’s in a batch going to be worked out, basically to stop inaccurate counts of the SF and Backroom.
Research won't change the on hands if the item was received recently. It won't keep you from doing it, but your change won't take.

The problem with not being able to audit something that just came in is that we've been having hella issues with our OHs not dropping in or being correct and I have to remember certain items to change the OHs to count UP the next day because it wouldn't let me do it before. And if I don't work the next day, it might be a while before I have time or remember. It's so frustrating.

Thank you all, so right now I should do all my outs through Audit?
Basically just going into the Audit App and then start scanning my empty holes?
If the item has a location in the back it will simply drop that in the next OOS batch?
But if we’re completely 0 on hand it’ll just be ordered/sent hopefully on a future truck delivery?

Thank you all, so right now I should do all my outs through Audit?
Basically just going into the Audit App and then start scanning my empty holes?
If the item has a location in the back it will simply drop that in the next OOS batch?
But if we’re completely 0 on hand it’ll just be ordered/sent hopefully on a future truck delivery?
Yes

The only time I use research is when we just set a transition for plano and need to fill the empty spaces right away. Once we pulled and push everything do we use the audit app.

The only time I use research is when we just set a transition for plano and need to fill the empty spaces right away. Once we pulled and push everything do we use the audit app.
This is what I'm gonna miss most about the PDAs. The ability to shoot and fill an assortment of items, without having to go to every sales floor location for that item, and have it all in one batch, not distributed across several batches. Example: if I need Flashlights, Batteries and Water for an emergency supply endcap I flexed up, "the new way" would have me pulling OOS batches for elec, bev, and hipa just to fill that endcap. Is there a better way than using Audit to do such a task on the myDevice?

This is what I'm gonna miss most about the PDAs. The ability to shoot and fill an assortment of items, without having to go to every sales floor location for that item, and have it all in one batch, not distributed across several batches. Example: if I need Flashlights, Batteries and Water for an emergency supply endcap I flexed up, "the new way" would have me pulling OOS batches for elec, bev, and hipa just to fill that endcap. Is there a better way than using Audit to do such a task on the myDevice?

Isn't that what "Get more" in research mode does on the Zebra? Or do you mean you have 0 PDA at your store to pull research batches?

Last edited:

If you're looking to pull a batch yourself right away or have someone else do it, they you're better off creating your own batch in myWork instead of using the audit app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back