Archived Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diva0Darkness

Keeping the soccer moms in stock with Makeup wipes
I have been with Target since the middle of November, and when I was finally put on the sales floor it was a quick crash course on what to do, now what wasn't fully explained was research,.
One women who I work with has been there for a while and explained to me how to bring up the research page on my zebra, and to scan the empty space to see if the number matches what we have on the floor and if it doesnt, then change it to the correct one, but what i dont understand is this; if i scan it and the number is 0, but we have it in back, do i pull it and put it on the shelf? And if i dont pull.it to out it on the floor, does me scanning the item get sent to the people who do the pulls?And is there a way I can make a list so I don't have to keep running back and forth to the back and then back on the floor?...i am so confused, please enlighten me ya'll

Also to add to Dmoney you really only want to be scanning things that are completely empty. If an item has nothing on the shelf then zero it out. Just make sure that all go backs and pulls are complete and that there isnt some on some random endcap/sidecap that isnt tied. Oh, and make sure it isnt a zone issue. Cant count the amount of times I went to HBA and saw things in the wrong spot. Its best to powerzone an area before you actually research it.

Also to add to Dmoney you really only want to be scanning things that are completely empty.
Wait what? When doing the rigs, you need to scan and count every item, regardless of how many are there.

You shouldn’t have to write down or keep going back to pull items one by one. Just go under research on the my device and as you scan “outs/zero OH” it will generate a research batch and add any DPCI’s you zero out to that batch. Then you can either pull and push it yourself or patner with LOD and see if backroom can pull those batches in the PDA.

I tend to take a harder look if what I'm updating is a large discrepancy from our current on hands. IE: Scanned an out for toothpaste that says 2 on hand. I'm going to zero this without much thought. If I scanned an electric toothbrush that was empty but says 10 on hand though, I'm going to scan every other electric toothbrush, check for unworked backstock, unlocated shippers, reshop at the service desk, etc.

I was talking more about stand alone research. I don't have as much knowledge about rigs. Thanks for the clarification!

Even stand alone research should scan every product spot. It really, really sucks when a peg for something is full but the push contains 5 more of that item. And when you backstock it, those 5 come back in the next push. And every one after that, even though you are backstocking it every single time.

Even stand alone research should scan every product spot. It really, really sucks when a peg for something is full but the push contains 5 more of that item. And when you backstock it, those 5 come back in the next push. And every one after that, even though you are backstocking it every single time.

I get what your saying and yes this would be the best solution as you would also need to go and change on hand capacity. The issue is that since they did away with research teams at most stores there isn't enough time to be this detailed with the hours given.

Is there any consequences to researching vendor products? I know we shouldn't but found out one of the new ETLs did research on vendor stuff (while we still have stuff yet to be backstocked).

How can you even research vendor products? They don't have backstock locations or anything, right? Would our systems even interface with vendor systems for research?

I hate the fan central and trading cards stuff. No locations, all guesswork, shit ends up all over the store because nobody knows where to put it, and the trading cards stuff gets strewn all over the place because kids. No way I'm wasting any more time than I already do on that crap.

Is there any consequences to researching vendor products? I know we shouldn't but found out one of the new ETLs did research on vendor stuff (while we still have stuff yet to be backstocked).
You're not supposed to but I forget the reasoning. I do it for flex orders I had to INF, because it's an almost certainty that I'll get more orders for the same thing.

How can you even research vendor products? They don't have backstock locations or anything, right? Would our systems even interface with vendor systems for research?

I hate the fan central and trading cards stuff. No locations, all guesswork, shit ends up all over the store because nobody knows where to put it, and the trading cards stuff gets strewn all over the place because kids. No way I'm wasting any more time than I already do on that crap.
I don't understand why fan central isn't just RFID. Would make things much easier.

OK, I keep trying to figure out what RFID means in the Target context. I know RFID means radio-frequency identification, but what else does it mean, at Target?

It wastes time. Cause their counts update every time they deliver and get checked in. Letting the sales and Qmos adjust the counts as needed.

OK, I keep trying to figure out what RFID means in the Target context. I know RFID means radio-frequency identification, but what else does it mean, at Target?
Some of the items in Target have a little electronic thingy as part of the tag/packaging. There's a device that can scan those electronic thingys. That enables the device to count the number of items. It also enables the user to find a specific item by beeping when it is near the item. It works really good....until SFS needs a particular pair of pants and the tag is found in the pocket of a different pair of pants, grr.

Ah, ok, thanks. That fills in some of the details.

Some of the items in Target have a little electronic thingy as part of the tag/packaging. There's a device that can scan those electronic thingys. That enables the device to count the number of items. It also enables the user to find a specific item by beeping when it is near the item. It works really good....until SFS needs a particular pair of pants and the tag is found in the pocket of a different pair of pants, grr.
Retail theft at its finest.

I was told that RIG completion will have a greater roll in the store metrics.

I noticed on myPerformance on Workbench that the Replenishment category has been removed. Apparently, this is for the new metrics and the new Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) process to be started in February. (Currently, I can't see how many scans I had for the past weeks or total for 2015).

I have already seen the yellow labeled softlines boxes come into our store. According to Workbench we will be using RFID handheld scanners to update OH in the following key categories: Kids Apparel, Performance (C9 only), Ready-To-Wear, Men's Seasonal Apparel (C9 only), and Domestics (soft home).

For Instocks Team: "Go Live week In-stocks team members will complete RFID updates in key dcategories. Going forward, RID updates in key categories will occur weekly." In addition, "Available after Go Live in myPerformance, reporting will show information such as who completed RFID updates, timing of updates, and ITA/On-Hand accuracy."

Guest Services will also have a roll: "All RFID equipment including scanners, chargers, and blank RFID tags will be stored at Guest Services [editor's note: like they have any room up there with reshop, Curbside, and FlexFill.] At the same time as the Audit and Tag-Up process, Guest Service team members will audit return items for RFID key categories. All Guest Service team members, including back-up, will train on how to audit and encode RFID tags as needed."

Thanks
@BoxCutter

Did everyone see the "brand" tab on the Zebra under the button about daily/weekly/monthly/yearly sales? I'd never seen it before but it was interesting to see how different brands break down in sales.

Did everyone see the "brand" tab on the Zebra under the button about daily/weekly/monthly/yearly sales? I'd never seen it before but it was interesting to see how different brands break down in sales.
Yep, I think it was added yesterday. Hard to interpret given that they're all new this year though.

Yep, I think it was added yesterday. Hard to interpret given that they're all new this year though.

A New Day is doing the best by far at my store which makes sense if you consider our demographics

A New Day is doing the best by far at my store which makes sense if you consider our demographics
Yeah, but that's not really the right comparison. Of course A New Day is going to outsell Joylab. We'd need to compare a new day to what it replaced (merona + some mossimo). Next year it should be more useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back