Archived Research

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only need to Research it once and it will come in within the next couple of trucks. And, I'm not talking PIPO items. I'm talking about individual items from OTC, Home Decor, HIPA, etc. There is some flaw in the system where some items will not replenish when OHs get to the trigger count or zero.

How long in between your trucks? I'm coming from a store running at least 13-20 trucks a WEEK depending on the time of year. Until you've fully tracked it from the containers on the slow boat from China your "flaw" is simply OOS at the DC waiting to come in. Sorry to burst your bubble.

@YodaBeast how do you check ITA?

I'm willing to test it out at my store the next time I come across an active item with zero OH and zero on the way.

@YodaBeast how do you check ITA?

I'm willing to test it out at my store the next time I come across an active item with zero OH and zero on the way.
Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you last night.

I first suggest adding ITA to your quick links. Inventory Tracking Application.
In the upper left hand corner you can see dept/class/item boxes. This is where you input the DPCI.
On the right side you will see three boxes. You only need the two that say DC or store. Type in EITHER store or the DC you want the info on, don't type both. The DC option allows you to see what their current OH are, OO, and OW. If they have zero OO you can hit the radio button for OO that allows you to see when their order is coming in and why the order was placed.

The store box will show you your own store info, or anyone else's in the same fashion. There is a drop down box below the area, if you change it to store and hit submit this will also show you your OTL.
Remember that just because the DC is in stock priority processing may keep you from being replenished first and some of those OH may be being held if the item is going to be on a new transition.

Did you verify DC quantities and orders they had pending in ITA? That's the first thing you should have done. Again, it is purely coincidental. If you have 0 OH with nothing on withdrawl and nothing OO you should check ITA. If the DC is in stock then you need to my support it. The idea that zeroing out something over and over again to "trip something" at the DC is a myth. Our distilled water, and yours too since its been a company wide issue is a perfect example. Zero it out all you want, it wont come and nothing will show as OO until the DC has a verified order coming in with units allocated to you or an order pending that hasn't been withdrawn from their inventory via pick label. The only thing on store side that triggers an order is your on hands, its as simple as that. I do reccomend hitting zero to update the SFQ if it is showing quanties on the sales floor that are not there so autopush doesn't send it to the back when it does arrive.
Which is why I want a function that changes the onhands when it doesn't match what I see. I am not trying to trip something at the dc, I am trying to trip something in the system to reset the onhand which will order it.

Which is why I want a function that changes the onhands when it doesn't match what I see. I am not trying to trip something at the dc, I am trying to trip something in the system to reset the onhand which will order it.
The data is automatically uploaded daily. The only thing that will trigger an order on your end is changing the OH to below your OTL. Even pending order data is uploaded to prevent your system from reordering the same DPCIs over and over again. The further you dive into ITA the more you will understand. This info comes directly from a business analyst at HQ who walked my store with me on several occasions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back