Archived Reseller Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store always gets hit hard by the "resellers" within a day or two of any nice sale on electronics (as I'm sure many stores do.) where they completely wipe out our stock of the item, so for the rest of the week, when the real guests are asking for the item, we're forced to apologize and explain we're already sold out of the item.

Is there anything I can do as a lowly team member to stop them from essentially purchasing our entire stock of an item?

While I've tried calling the LOD or even the ETL of the department over; they're usually too busy with their own things to actually help beyond simply shrugging and saying "oh yeah, yeah, them buying 25 ipads is totally fine." even when the reseller clearly uses methods to game the system. (Sorry guys, you don't actually get to keep reusing that 10% off entire purchase Single Use coupon or that phone photo of a TM Discount Card. )

Today I called the Electronics ETL over to ask if it was alright to split up the transaction of the 16 Ipads the resellers were buying, even though they were clearly doing it to simply get around the $100 gift card limit. -- (Each guest is only entitled to two gift cards; so even if they buy 4 IPad Airs at once, they only get 2 gift card.) He responds that he's never heard of a "gift card limit, that he thinks it's some thing I was making up, and as long as I was only selling the guest 2 of each DPCI it was fine.

Sorry for the wall of text; the resellers/scammers just really annoy me. Wondering what all of your input is. My ETL's always say "it's okay, they're just helping sales." but I feel it does the opposite. When we don't have the product for the actual guests, they no longer want to shop here. Plus, they might actually get service plans and attachments; unlike the resellers who just buy itunes gift cards to return at some other target for full price. Should I mention to the STL that an ETL doesn't even know about something as simple as a "2 gift cards per guest" rule; even though it literally spells that out when you ring the item?

There is a 7 by 11 sign that says qty 2. Now, if the reseller is willing to buy 10 iTunes cards with the 10 iPads, then he will be allowed to, at my store.

I feel like someone on here once said that their TL/ETL/STL required re-sellers to purchase attachments and/or service plans for each unit.

Find a TL or ETL who actually enforces the "we reserve the right to limit quantities" policy.

They do buy attachments, but they do so by buying the Itunes Gift cards; which they will then simply return at the next store they hit up. But honestly the bigger issue I have is with the ETL's saying it's okay that they can split up their purchase to get the 12 $100 dollar gift card promotions with their 12 ipads, even though those are also limited to TWO per guest regardless of how many Ipads you're buying. They don't suddenly become three guests just because they want to split the Ipads 4/4/4. They're still one, so they should only be allowed the Four they're intended to get. (Two for Minis, Two for Airs. )

I feel like someone on here once said that their TL/ETL/STL required re-sellers to purchase attachments and/or service plans for each unit.

Find a TL or ETL who actually enforces the "we reserve the right to limit quantities" policy.
You are correct. I think it was member called electronics man.

My store did the same thing... We were ULV and desperate for sales so anything went...

My "Guest Experience" ETL let's it happen but I don't. I don't care if someone wants one gift card per ipad..That will only keep my AAR 100%...I need it to be higher or else nothing will go. I heavily enforced the limit 2 iPads during this sale and even convinced my clueless TL to back me with it.

Our resellers would clean out our new releases then, once things died down, they'd return whatever didn't sell & we'd be stuck with overstock. One in particular did it to the point that the ETLs made his life miserable until he moved on.

My store always gets hit hard by the "resellers" within a day or two of any nice sale on electronics (as I'm sure many stores do.) where they completely wipe out our stock of the item, so for the rest of the week, when the real guests are asking for the item, we're forced to apologize and explain we're already sold out of the item.

Is there anything I can do as a lowly team member to stop them from essentially purchasing our entire stock of an item?

While I've tried calling the LOD or even the ETL of the department over; they're usually too busy with their own things to actually help beyond simply shrugging and saying "oh yeah, yeah, them buying 25 ipads is totally fine." even when the reseller clearly uses methods to game the system. (Sorry guys, you don't actually get to keep reusing that 10% off entire purchase Single Use coupon or that phone photo of a TM Discount Card. )

Today I called the Electronics ETL over to ask if it was alright to split up the transaction of the 16 Ipads the resellers were buying, even though they were clearly doing it to simply get around the $100 gift card limit. -- (Each guest is only entitled to two gift cards; so even if they buy 4 IPad Airs at once, they only get 2 gift card.) He responds that he's never heard of a "gift card limit, that he thinks it's some thing I was making up, and as long as I was only selling the guest 2 of each DPCI it was fine.

Sorry for the wall of text; the resellers/scammers just really annoy me. Wondering what all of your input is. My ETL's always say "it's okay, they're just helping sales." but I feel it does the opposite. When we don't have the product for the actual guests, they no longer want to shop here. Plus, they might actually get service plans and attachments; unlike the resellers who just buy itunes gift cards to return at some other target for full price. Should I mention to the STL that an ETL doesn't even know about something as simple as a "2 gift cards per guest" rule; even though it literally spells that out when you ring the item?
We actually have nice resellers at my store. They NEVER return anything. They always leave us with some behind, and no coupons. Not to mention 30k in sales is great for payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back