Archived Respect my authoritah as a PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean... you can brag. Not that it'll get you much, since PA's are getting phased out last I heard. Got phased out of the store I worked at, so........

It's a tough job at my store. We went from getting deliveries every other day to getting deliveries EVERY day. These days it's a challenge to get the merchandise off the truck and into the appropriate stock room. It doesn't help that payroll is lean this time of year, and it's not unusual for me to only have only one or two team members with 5 hours shifts to get the work done!

It's a title
Lol nah just a team member held to TL standards for same pay.
But hey there’s a sliver of a chance of getting promoted if you do well! /s
You have the power to own Pfresh and make it the envy of the store.
Just do your job please.

TM is a title too, titles like everything in this world are what we make of them and the value we put in them. But that's just it too, I wanna hear from those who been in the position for me, what were they able to change, what did they influence, did they have support from the leads. I just been doing the tasks and making suggestions but now with the title I want stop asking and implement.

It's a tough job at my store. We went from getting deliveries every other day to getting deliveries EVERY day. These days it's a challenge to get the merchandise off the truck and into the appropriate stock room. It doesn't help that payroll is lean this time of year, and it's not unusual for me to only have only one or two team members with 5 hours shifts to get the work done!

Damn, deliveries every other day? I would love to have that schedule all we know is a delivery every day, even when we are fully stocked we still have to place a food order. I feel you on the lean hours, our closing PA may get some support with a 4 hour TM, but the opening PA gets like 4 TMs, especially on weekends.

Elaborate.
At my store the backroom team did Freshness Friday for the backroom
locations (non-coolers/freezer) every Friday. When market went end to end, the responsibility for Freshness Friday was given to the market team, hours were cut from backroom and given to market team to cover it. Market team practically never came clean, used every hour they had to push and backstock and Freshness Friday was a thing of the past.

It is a great opportunity to show what you can do. I am treated by my team and my store management like a Team Lead, and our STL wants me to a apply for the position; however all the TL's seem so unhappy lately, I don't know if I want that.

my cashiers listen to me because they understand the business need of what i'm asking them to do

but i have very little recourse if they don't do what i tell them to do if the GSTL or ETl-GE aren't in the building

The cashiers don't care about any of your problems. Going on break is their #1 priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back