Restroom check!

Do guests have toilet paper parties in the bathroom or did a mummy lose its clothes? Because literally every time I walk into the restroom there is toilet paper all over.. Guests complain about a dirty bathroom but apparently they complain more when the restroom has to be shutdown for cleaning because they won't let us shut it down. We have to clean it with guests coming and going, because shutting it down would be an inconvenience. 😟🤪🎯

How long does it take, a minute or two? And they won't hang a temporary sign "momentarily closed for cleaning"? Might there be some sort of health department regulation in this mix? At least wait outside while someone is using the facility, is it that hard?

One of the big problems is the toilet paper holders and the TP itself. Either the rolls don't move smoothly and the paper keeps ripping too soon, or the holder breaks open, allowing access to the full rolls.

Plus, the soap dispensers break or are empty, same with the paper towel holders. And the paper towels themselves suck as well. Our bathrooms are an embarrassment and need a complete remodel.

A nice lady used to come on the walkie and remind us to check the restrooms every hour when I worked there.

Every hour on the half hour. At 9:30 PM it reminds me that it is time to watch the clock and do the closing announcements

Our restrooms were remodeled & have self-flushing toilets & hand-driers - NO towels.
Yet I still walk in to toilet paper all over, faucets lefts running (because no one wants to *touch* 'em) & doogies left in the toilets.
People are such slobs.

Our toilet seats are so used that they are actually rough. Seems like it would be such an easy fix to replace it...

Our restrooms were remodeled & have self-flushing toilets & hand-driers - NO towels.
Yet I still walk in to toilet paper all over, faucets lefts running (because no one wants to *touch* 'em) & doogies left in the toilets.
People are such slobs.
Also remodeled, but the toilets are too low and so are the paper dispensers. Guests trying to get off of the toilet and trying to reach the paper is part of the cause for the mess, imho. Our sinks have motion sensor soap dispensers and water. I just wish someone would actually clean the sinks and the grey soap scum in all of the edges, steam clean the filthy grout and wash the floors. I call the remodel of the restrooms an epic fail.

They have drains in there; seems like they could just hose 'em out every so often.

Nice graphic for a mid afternoon Friday! Costco family rest room is outstanding, nice and clean, roomy and private. Try their corn and blueberry muffins.

How many spiders bit your butt?

Alaska so no biting spiders just daddy longlegs.
However we used to bring the toilet seat in the house in the winter time so it wouldn't freeze to our butt.
My mom would make me and my brothers cut frozen wood if we peed off the back porch instead of using the outhouse.

Alaska so no biting spiders just daddy longlegs.
However we used to bring the toilet seat in the house in the winter time so it wouldn't freeze to our butt.
My mom would make me and my brothers cut frozen wood if we peed off the back porch instead of using the outhouse.

Yup. Put the seat by the stove to warm up, then put it under your coat and run.
Man there are so many things we take for granted and fail to appreciate! Indoor plumbing/clean running water and electricity make our lives soooo much easier and yet we don't even think about them unless something happens and suddenly they are taken away.

The family's "lake house" (kinda like a vacation house) had an outhouse and a well for water. It was in NY state.

Back