Restroom indyme PTSD

I get panic attacks seven years after quitting Target. Every time I look at a clock and it is close to the :30, my mind races. Did I clear the restroom checkup?

I was a gstl for a total of about 5 years. Also was a softlines TL and backroom TL.

I feel like it's a Pavlovian response.

Anyone else?

Everyone once in a while I have dreams that I am working back at Target (at times as a second job) and I realize I missed a shift. Or have some nasty guest interaction. I wake up feeling stressed.

I still work at Target . Sometimes when I hear certain songs that are often played in our store , I feel little stressed or gets a feeling to speed up what I’m doing( even outside work).

Glad I'm not the only one. I feel like 7 years later I shouldn't get panic attacks about cleaning a restroom.

For a good week after inventory I hear "SKU CHECK" in my sleep
i feel this one in my very core

the tech indyme gets me every time too if im not working or at another store i visibly flinch.

when im out and i hear someone say "excuse me" i will always look towards them out of reflex intending to say "how can i help u?"

when i hear someone complaining to an employee i feel stressed as hell

Lots of tv shows use the “on the way” key fob noise and it unnerves me every time. It’ll be a normal switch of scenes and BOOM, key fob noise in the background. AHHHHHH

I still sing "You say goodbuy, I say Hello, hello.... I don't know why you say goodbuy, I say hello" I worked in electronics then and it played forever!!!

Everyone once in a while I have dreams that I am working back at Target (at times as a second job) and I realize I missed a shift. Or have some nasty guest interaction. I wake up feeling stressed.
Dude I've had so many dreams about spot since I've left it's wild.

Pre-zebra, our phones were nearly always on the overhead bell. For months after quitting when I shopped at my former Target the bell triggered whimpering and feelings of impending dread.

Pre-zebra, our phones were nearly always on the overhead bell. For months after quitting when I shopped at my former Target the bell triggered whimpering and feelings of impending dread.
That would've drove me insane! When I was first hired and FR still had the phone, if someone forgot to switch it after opening and the overhead bell went off, we would freak and scramble to change it. That bell was super annoying!

Our phone conked out and they never managed to give us a working phone. We used either FA or the HRTM's phone but by the time someone figured out how to forward (like a year later) no one in softlines could be bothered to do it and leadership no longer cared. Drove me nuts no one would forward as there were certain areas on the floor that I could not hear the night bell and missing those calls kept getting me fussed at.

Back