Archived Restrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the restroom. My store has recently banned t.m. from using the family restroom. They say if you are seen going in there you'll be written up for failing to follow directions.

Also as a side note we do not have employee restrooms

No backroom bathroom? Can you use the other guest bathrooms? They probably could write you up for not following instructions but using a bathroom is not worthy of such harsh action. If I have to shit and the stalls are taken, you can bet I'd be in the family bathroom. Or you could just shit on the floor like some guests do.

Thats ridiculous if they can. If I'm using he family restroom, it's because I cannot wait for one of the two stalls to be open.

I'm guessing that it's an ongoing problem at your store, though. As in, it's far too frequent so that it poses delays for guests.

If they've explicitly told team members not to use it, then they can. That said, it is a load of crap (no pun intended). I rarely use the family restroom, but when I do, it's because I have no other options. I'll only use it if I have to change into my uniform shirt and we happen to have an apprehension in the office.

What if you have to go when your genders restroom is being cleaned? Go to the opposite gendered bathroom? Maybe someone should use their favorite ETL's office once and that ban will get lifted real quick...

If it was asudden change one day, it might be an AP issue or someone doing drugs and they're trying to figure out who.

pharmacy has a secret bathroom go use it, this is the one the stl, etl ,lods use.

I have heard of this happening on a store by store basis. Some store managements deemed that with the family restroom being a single user facility, it needs to be open completely to guests and not TMs (except for Pharmacy). Emergency situations excluded.

There are states with forgotten laws where it is illegal to deny any person or employee the right to use a bathroom facility for any reason. They were put in place so people with medical conditions could have open use.

In some stores the bathroom by the pharmacy is the family restroom.

I don't see why TM couldn't use the family/single stall restrooms, but I'm basing this off my store where M, F, and Family are all right next to each other near the entrance.

Also considering family restrooms/single stall restrooms often act as the de facto gender neutral restrooms the ban could potentially put some trans/gender non conforming TM's in danger.

What if you have to go when your genders restroom is being cleaned? Go to the opposite gendered bathroom? Maybe someone should use their favorite ETL's office once and that ban will get lifted real quick...

If it was asudden change one day, it might be an AP issue or someone doing drugs and they're trying to figure out who.

Maybe someday we won't have gender specific bathrooms. We have men becoming women, women becoming men, people with tits and a penis, etc. Someday the bathroom sign will just say "Fuck it, we give up - this is a room to put shit and piss in - don't look at your neighbor and enter at own risk."

But this does raise a good question. What to do when your gender bathroom is closed? Should a person get in trouble for going in the opposite room? If so, just shit on the floor or in the backroom near the toilet paper.

Maybe someday we won't have gender specific bathrooms. We have men becoming women, women becoming men, people with tits and a penis, etc. Someday the bathroom sign will just say "Fuck it, we give up - this is a room to put shit and piss in - don't look at your neighbor and enter at own risk."

But this does raise a good question. What to do when your gender bathroom is closed? Should a person get in trouble for going in the opposite room? If so, just shit on the floor or in the backroom near the toilet paper.

The future:

braille-all-gender-bathroom-sign-se-5635_223.gif

Some places already have these.

Omg if this was my store I would be up their a**es because this leads to a slippery slope. A lawsuit just begging to happen.

"...unisex bathroom provided for your convenience..."

What I'm trying to say is that this sign is suppose to be posted in your store.

If target says you can only use bathroom a, b and c, a is women's, b is men's, c is back room amd d is UNI-SEX and they write you up because you used D because a was occupied, they'd get screwed, with all the trans rights and transphobic people you can't be Gender policing. What if an employee had to use that restroom because they were made uncomfortable that a trans female was in the other one? And an employee was holding up he other? Target legally has to provide you with a reasonable restroom? it's just way to slippery. I'd call the hotline, this doesn't read like a target policy.

Last edited:
My store has two family bathrooms...the one by the pharmacy and the one by the service desk...then of course we have the usual male/female restrooms ( team members) near the backroom. The way I see it...if you have to go you have to go...

The men's room at my store stays WAY cleaner than the women's room. What is up with females not using the trash bins??? They just throw their shit on the floor...

Lordy.

When I did a few turns as CA, I was embarrassed for my gender......until......I had to clean the men's room.
Humans did this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back