Archived Return Loophole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone, I’m new here but I was wondering if I could inquire about a return since lurking has proved helpful on this forum. Today a Customer returned a game, they had their receipt but the game was acquired off of an exchange of another game. Sometimes people do change their minds and exchange games, but I know we also must have them exchanged if they are opened. Should I have denied that return, or does the unopened game override the exchange?

hi everyone, I’m new here but I was wondering if I could inquire about a return since lurking has proved helpful on this forum. Today a Customer returned a game, they had their receipt but the game was acquired off of an exchange of another game. Sometimes people do change their minds and exchange games, but I know we also must have them exchanged if they are opened. Should I have denied that return, or does the unopened game override the exchange?
If the game was unopened, and *they had their receipt when doing the first exchange* you can give them their money back no problem.

Yep, the return overrides the exchange (which was likely the result of an opened game) but because the one they're returning was unopened there's nothing to stop them from the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back