Archived Returning employee, wtf is a closing expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure you all think I’m nuts, but after quitting Target a few years ago I applied and have an interview next week. Let’s face it, I know what they want to hear and I’m pretty confident they’ll hire me.

Anyway, obviously things have changed since early 2017. I worked grocery but had tons of experience helping hardlines. Which is now general merchandise, correct? Is that different than hardlines?

Two more questions. Wtf is a closing expert? Also, what’s the expectation on Red Cards for sales floor? In 2.5 years at Target I got a whole one red card. Bugging guests is not my forte.

Closing expert = a person who usually closes/works nights, generally more responsible for zone, pulls & abandons than freight (IOW, the same as closers always have done, they just have a job description that reflects that). At least at my store.

The one thing about "closing experts" that is still somewhat fluid at my store is whether they are responsible for an area like the GM experts or if they are more likely to be assigned to different areas each shift. I've been told both at different times, so my store is still figuring this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back