Archived Returns - What's the point of a policy if we are told not to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tired of the "attempt" every return. no matter the condition or how old the item is. It's all about making it right and not wanting a bad survey. Don't get me started on the fraudsters. I do see an increase with them when anything goes.

How does your store handle these?

Every store is different. Our store is like yours, we can't say no to anything. We even have to let them return air mattresses.
I know in our store it will give us a prompt that they have to exchange it. There are signs posted with the air mattresses regarding their returns.

The horror stories you guys posts makes me SOOOO appreciative of my store. For the most part, we have a backbone when it comes to people exploiting policy or trying to make fraudulent returns.

I started a thread a week ago but we no longer do any no receipt returns under any circumstances. The guest get pissed but whatever some people will never be pleased anyways.

Now people are returning stuff to our sister store and they are complaining to us. Grow a backbone and they will stop coming to you.

Too many people are buying cheap crap at Wal-Mart and returning it to our store.

"I swear I bought it here"... Not on file

Gtfo

So tired of the "attempt" every return. no matter the condition or how old the item is. It's all about making it right and not wanting a bad survey. Don't get me started on the fraudsters. I do see an increase with them when anything goes.

I use to care but then I just accepted it and take advantage of it like the guest do

I haven't bought a pair of headphones in 3 years at my store because they break within the 1 year manufacturing warranty so I just return then, point out the warranty and they give me a full return or exchange

You can't control the system so either stay made or embrace it. After enough times, target sill crack down only revert because bad guest scores

I use to care but then I just accepted it and take advantage of it like the guest do

I haven't bought a pair of headphones in 3 years at my store because they break within the 1 year manufacturing warranty so I just return then, point out the warranty and they give me a full return or exchange

You can't control the system so either stay made or embrace it. After enough times, target sill crack down only revert because bad guest scores

What does a manufacture warrantee have to do with Target?

I should introduce you to the clog toilet I saw at work today. You two would have a lot in common.

What does a manufacture warrantee have to do with Target?

I should introduce you to the clog toilet I saw at work today. You two would have a lot in common.
It means it should be free of defects for the length of noted or your money back

Target gave me my money back

Adapt or die out

Doesn't matter. They sold an item to me that didn't last the warranty so they took it back

Deal with it

Yeah, but that doesn't have anything to do with the warrantee, so that fact you added that detail as if it meant anything makes me not believe you. Like I said, you and Mr. Cloggy would be great friends.

Not that Target wouldn't return year old used headphones. They probably would. Not my store, because we're not all fucking morons. But at other stores maybe. I guarantee you, the "manufacture warrantee" has nothing to do with it. Plz stay flow forever.

While I know nothing about running guest services, I am really surprised they exchanged them. I thought every place would redirect you to the manufacturer for warranty failures.

As they should. The manufacturer is the one who should reimburse you, not us. If we do, we're out two items. The set of headphones we have to chargeback, and the new set that we just gave you.

Yeah, but that doesn't have anything to do with the warrantee, so that fact you added that detail as if it meant anything makes me not believe you. Like I said, you and Mr. Cloggy would be great friends.

Not that Target wouldn't return year old used headphones. They probably would. Not my store, because we're not all fucking morons. But at other stores maybe. I guarantee you, the "manufacture warrantee" has nothing to do with it. Plz stay flow forever.
That part is important because it's why they returned then. If I didn't say that, it would just make it look like I'm returning busted headphones

Walmart does it too

I'm also not flow, I'm Backroom lmao

That part is important because it's why they returned then. If I didn't say that, it would just make it look like I'm returning busted headphones

Walmart does it too

That's not why they return it. You're just jabbering to the Service Desk person, and they're humoring you with your irrelevant details. They're returning it, because you want to return it. The process is exactly the same, warrantee or not.

Flow, backroom, dark dunce cave, all the same.

Walmart does it too

If the people at your store had a brain then they would tell you you need to contact the headphone manufacturer for a refund or replacement. The warranty is not covered by target.

When someone buys a phone and purchases apple protection, if their phone breaks do they bring it to target mobile? No. They bring it to apple because the warranty is done through apple, not target. Same goes for whatever brand of headphones that you're buying and purposely breaking.

That's not why they return it. You're just jabbering to the Service Desk person, and they're humoring you with your irrelevant details. They're returning it, because you want to return it. The process is exactly the same, warrantee or not.

Flow, backroom, dark dunce cave, all the same.
They returned it because the policy is shit and GSTLs have no spine. This is why everyone takes advantages

Also both Flow and BR do more work than you

If the people at your store had a brain then they would tell you you need to contact the headphone manufacturer for a refund or replacement. The warranty is not covered by target.

When someone buys a phone and purchases apple protection, if their phone breaks do they bring it to target mobile? No. They bring it to apple because the warranty is done through apple, not target. Same goes for whatever brand of headphones that you're buying and purposely breaking.
Apple is a real company that has stores everywhere that can often replace your phone on the spot, or at worst, give you a loaner for a day or two

No one is going to ship out 20 dollar earbuds and wait god knows how long for a replacement when you can go to target and do it in 3 minutes

To be fair, our directives from corporate are clear, attempt every return. We are supposed to use our empowerment to provide an "amazing" experience for every guest. You can "have a backbone" and make your own rules when you own your own company. I work for Target, though so I'm going by company policy. I may not agree with it, but I chose to work for this company.
No. I don't work at corporate.
No. I'm not a suck up.

They returned it because the policy is shit and GSTLs have no spine. This is why everyone takes advantages

Also both Flow and BR do more work than you

Apple is a real company that has stores everywhere that can often replace your phone on the spot, or at worst, give you a loaner for a day or two

No one is going to ship out 20 dollar earbuds and wait god knows how long for a replacement when you can go to target and do it in 3 minutes

lummox-1.jpg

To be fair, our directives from corporate are clear, attempt every return. We are supposed to use our empowerment to provide an "amazing" experience for every guest. You can "have a backbone" and make your own rules when you own your own company. I work for Target, though so I'm going by company policy. I may not agree with it, but I chose to work for this company.
No. I don't work at corporate.
No. I'm not a suck up.
Yes, I am aware of the directives and how to proceed. But when items are returned that were purchased a year ago, you can't find them in the system, and then told to find something similar to get a DPCI and then it is overrided.. that goes way past attempt every return. Stores are so afraid of a bad survey they are enforcing the bad behaviors of returns.

What do you do when someone brings in a used Target branded towel and says it does not meet their expectations?? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back