Archived Reverse Logistics questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of the receiving/reverse logistics out there have to change the pin lock on the trailer? I was given the key and was told to start changing the lock. I thought that was for TL and ETL only?:wacko:

StaticSun

Former Front-End Guru
Staff member
Administrator
That key is supposed to be for LOG-TLs, key carriers, Sr. TLs, and ETLs only. If you're not a key carrier, you shouldn't* have any keys. At all.

*Exception is in place for TPS. I've also seen stores give TLs equipment keys, pending they're accounted for.

ptl

Red shirts in closet: 0
There's no hard-and-fast rule against signing a key out long-term to anyone, provided it isn't a key that unlocks external doors (and obviously they won't sign out a key that opens the cash reserve drawer, either). At my store there were several TLs who had their own keys to the fixture room/clerical (same core). It's all up to the STL's discretion, since losing one of those keys would not require a complete re-keying of the store. The pin lock uses, if I recall correctly, a core used for nothing else at the store--so if your store's management trusts you not to use the key to steal trailers at night, there's no reason why they can't give you one.

At our store a member of the flow team does that supervised from a distance by the flow tl,seems like they are just passing another job onto you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Y
At our store a member of the flow team does that supervised from a distance by the flow tl,seems like they are just passing another job onto you.

That is exactly what I think!

DMNDZ bruhh

Former Backroom Dayside
when i did the cardboard for flow, they wanted to give me my own set of equipment keys, but i refused it

Status
Not open for further replies.