Archived Review Grades this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My team lead told me that grades are being totally decided by ETLs and then TLs have to write the review for that grade. Not sure how other stores are, but in previous years TLs had a lot of input into the reviews and grades. This new system seems like its going to be a popularity contest and whoever talks to ETLs more is going to get better reviews. I know that my ETL NEVER works directly with me or anyone in my work center so I expect a pretty upset team come April. A mass exit is on the horizon.

ASANTS... at my store the TL is doing their review (including deciding their grade), then submitting it to their ETL. The ETL/STL then go over it, give their own grade they feel is appropriate, then take everything together and go to the DTL/HRBP with it.

In all honesty what I would prefer is that my ETL/STL just give give me a review themselves. I've never had a job before where I had input on my own review. I don't necessarily feel empowered, I just feel like I need to nitpick and find things to improve on. Which I'm sure is the point anyway.

At my store the TLs always have input on our teams grades. We decide what their score is. We sit with our ETL and ETL HR to rank our team. Only our ETL has input on what we decide. I think your stores are just wanting to do want to benefit who they want.

Surprisingly I know I'm gonna just get maybe a dime at most, but at least the team lead telling me this will be very casual about it and we can just spend the time shooting the breeze and getting paid for it.

Yeh, you should.
All you'd be signing is an acknowledgement.
Kinda like a CA.

What happens if I refuse to sign? Will I still get the raise?
Like if you disagree with the raise ? You could always talk to your ETL-HR about it....if that doesn't work your STL. Make sure you can provide clear examples on why it should be changed. If that route doesn't work you could call the hotline on your TL if you think he/she lied on your review to make your score lower.

More so just to make a scene. I know I'll disagree with it, but only thing I think would work would be to walk out and hope they beg me. I'm not in a position to take that chance.

I've always been under the impression that TL's have a say at our store. Hopefully this is on a store by store basis or something because I was kind of hoping for a "decent" raise this year. I've been working my butt of and my team lead had made comments on it. If my ETLS pick my score, God help me. They hate me for unknown reason. 5 cents here I come!

We had a meeting with the TLs and ETLs where we decided scores for all TMs. Then the ETLs had a netting where they decided all scores for TLs. Then the TLs had to write their self reviews. So that was an exercise in futility since our review score and raise had already been decided.

I was told my etl was in the etl meeting, and it was a roundtable discussion on what each member of my team deserved. Since the general theme with my etl and the others in my store is "none of you other etls know enough about ap to tell me how my team is doing" it becomes more him fighting for our scores vs them saying we deserve less

I've always been under the impression that TL's have a say at our store. Hopefully this is on a store by store basis or something because I was kind of hoping for a "decent" raise this year. I've been working my butt of and my team lead had made comments on it. If my ETLS pick my score, God help me. They hate me for unknown reason. 5 cents here I come!

The way I understand it: the TLs do have input. They have a meeting together and decide what each TM should score. THEN those scores are taken into ETL meeting where REALITY TAKES ITS TOLL. Things are taken into account that were never presented to TLs - e.g. A store is given a raise "budget" You can't have a store full of EXs, even if they really are. So, scores have to be fiddled up or down, so everything is under budget. This is all done by ETLs, so reflects their perspectives. Then the TLs get the "revised" list of scores, often surprised that a TM got a better (but more often worse) score than they had decided on previously. But when questioned, the response is "Sorry, the scores have been submitted, nothing we can do."

Last edited:
They are told what to give TL may try and have a say bottom line they have to turn them in to the hr makes score changes I was given one score by my TL and he was told to.change it ..he told me so I would not be pissed at him for he knows I deserved better and refused to give it to me so they had another..he even gave me a copy of the originial he wrote with red x on the score ..sad truly... but he is a great leader and I am ok with the his knowing my work ethic .

They are told what to give TL may try and have a say bottom line they have to turn them in to the hr makes score changes I was given one score by my TL and he was told to.change it ..he told me so I would not be pissed at him for he knows I deserved better and refused to give it to me so they had another..he even gave me a copy of the originial he wrote with red x on the score ..sad truly... but he is a great leader and I am ok with the his knowing my work ethic .
It is so difficult to read you posts due to lack of punctuation. If you could rectify that it would be much appreciated.
:) Thanks

I had HR give me back my list and quite a few TM's actually had a higher score. I challenged one of them and lowered it back down to what I thought.

what happens if you don't agree with the review and do not sign it? depending on how bad my raise is I don't think I will want to sign it.

To be honest, I think the way reviews are handled now are a joke. Heaven forbid we ( team members) should actually be reviewed on the work we do ( or in some cases don't do)...instead of having to fit in to some pre set score system. So, because of this I never really take the review all that seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back