Archived Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeBee

Service and Engagement Team Lead
So I've been in my TL role for a few months now. And we've come to that magical time of year...Review Time. I just got the information in my mailbox a few days ago and it seems simple enough.
Basically I'm wondering from some of you other leaders is how much time should I really spend on them?

I'm in the same position, first time doing reviews, and I'll be putting in like 2 or 3hrs for 14TMs.

As little time as possible. If you spend 1 hour on each review you will never get done. One big thing, make sure the scores add up correctly. I have seen many a TL game scores, and if the TM fights a score on one question, the score changes. Make sure you are good. Also find out from your HR what they considered to be a good review from the previous year to see what they are looking for. For 14 TM's, you will need closer to 4 or 5 hours uninterrupted. Once you get one done, the rest kinda follow the same flow. Don't forget to save your reviews on MySite so you can do edits(inevitable).

edit: Also don't forget to use spellcheck - and NO SLANG! Keep it grammatically correct! It is a business document!

As little time as possible. If you spend 1 hour on each review you will never get done. One big thing, make sure the scores add up correctly. I have seen many a TL game scores, and if the TM fights a score on one question, the score changes. Make sure you are good. Also find out from your HR what they considered to be a good review from the previous year to see what they are looking for. For 14 TM's, you will need closer to 4 or 5 hours uninterrupted. Once you get one done, the rest kinda follow the same flow. Don't forget to save your reviews on MySite so you can do edits(inevitable).

edit: Also don't forget to use spellcheck - and NO SLANG! Keep it grammatically correct! It is a business document!

Thanks so much for the great tips!

I have 14 TMs to write reviews for and I honestly haven't even started. I know what I will score them and write but I haven't typed them out yet.

When writing the reviews, should you be super formal or can be casual/personal (as if you are talking to them normally)? Have been a TL for almost a year and the team I lead is the same team I have worked with as a normal TM for a few years.

When writing the reviews, should you be super formal or can be casual/personal (as if you are talking to them normally)? Have been a TL for almost a year and the team I lead is the same team I have worked with as a normal TM for a few years.
I've been wondering that as well. I don't want to sound fake.

Keep the written part somewhat formal. It is a business document, and it shouldn't sound like a casual conversation. That said, each review should be somewhat personal. While they will all share some of the same information--metrics for your specific dept (sales, vibe, etc) and goals for the coming year--you should also include some things specific to each individual team member. If a tm was coached or on a cca, include the dates and if there has been improvement make sure to point it out. If the tm has been called out by guests for great service--put it in the review. If you count on a tm for something--let him know. When delivering the review, I always give the pay statement first. That's what everyone is really interested in! Some team members will want to discuss everything, and some will just want to have it read and be done with it.

I've done reviews for 3 years, each year they've been different (different HRs). This year I basically just wrote letters to the TMs saying what they did well and what they need to work on. It went really well. Some took longer than others. I had 13 TMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back