Archived Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have a planogram, which is the map for an aisle looks. Let's say you have the Camera Planogram. Now, you set it. And in a view months, let's say that three new cameras are released that Target wants to sell in your store. So, they send a new planogram to you to include these cameras on the aisle.

This new planogram is called a "revision", and moves around a few items to include the new items.

And, a revision is supposed to be less than a 50% change to the planogram with no fixture changes. But I've seen revisions with up to 90% changes.

If doesn't matter from an hours view because those larger changes are reflected in more hours to set them are given in the adjacency.

The problem arises when most people assume ALL revisions are small and easy. This is true most of the time, but not always.

About 7 years ago, there was a 19 hour revision for L'Oreal. Even to this day, they'll sneak in large, over 50% change, revisions.

And, a revision is supposed to be less than a 50% change to the planogram with no fixture changes. But I've seen revisions with up to 90% changes.

If doesn't matter from an hours view because those larger changes are reflected in more hours to set them are given in the adjacency.

The problem arises when most people assume ALL revisions are small and easy. This is true most of the time, but not always.

About 7 years ago, there was a 19 hour revision for L'Oreal. Even to this day, they'll sneak in large, over 50% change, revisions.

I've seen revisions where it was literally 100% changes. The entire aisle was wiped out.

That was shortly before the "large" revision nonsense came out, at that point they basically abandoned any pretense that a revision has to be under a set percentage.

Corporate likes doing revisions because they can give the stores less hours for payroll than a full POG.

Percentage changes no longer affect whether it is a revision or not. If there are no adjacency moves they pretty much make it a revision now.

I got the wet cat revision and looked at it and still can't figure out what changes other than signage and one row of cat chow. So I simply tied it. No changes. As for the cat accessories, I think it was one item.

The image that conjures....
188161-850x566-wet-cat-shuffle.jpg

revisions are the way for target to avoid giving you payroll. while revisions should be small and less hours to do, target tends to do large revisions that are practically planograms but give you the hours for a revisions. alot of times when your stl sets hours for plano the revisions will show up as 0 hours so they have to guesstimate the workload. Later on as you get closer to the set the calendar will update in red with the hours. its a cheap move from HQ to not give stores payroll.

EDIT- I forgot to add that when you set a revision it will pull merchandise for the ENTIRE pog not just the changes. Example you get a revision that is to add 1 item to where a clearance item was, you better pray the floor is full and SFQ are right or the revision batch can drop to fill the whole aisle. A waste!

EDIT- I forgot to add that when you set a revision it will pull merchandise for the ENTIRE pog not just the changes. Example you get a revision that is to add 1 item to where a clearance item was, you better pray the floor is full and SFQ are right or the revision batch can drop to fill the whole aisle. A waste!

Does this happen when you drop a revision batch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back