Archived RFID

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the equipment & the application is live on the mydevice. Still instructed not to use it yet. A few TM's in stores in my region hit "submit" and it took since it was live. It made them pause all replenishment and do an emergency tag up process. So don't hit submit yet....

Just got an email. Looks like they are going by region. 400 starts 7/11. With one group that week following week 3 groups and the last week of July the remaining 3 groups

It'd be cool if you could point it at a rack of clothes and it say whether the one piece of clothing you're looking for is in there. Softlines picks are a pain in the was.
That's why you just look at pictures lol

It'd be cool if you could point it at a rack of clothes and it say whether the one piece of clothing you're looking for is in there. Softlines picks are a pain in the was.
This is how it is supposed to work.

This.

That's why you just look at pictures lol

The pictures on the PDA are useless. Plus, in order to be able to find the item visually, you have to understand the layout of the department. And God help you if it's not zoned.

What is this RFID you are talking about?
Stores have been receiving RFID tagged merch for a few months. Softlines and domestics items should all be tagged. In stocks is supposed to use a wand to quickly count tagged items on the floor.

Has anyone gone live yet? I keep hearing we are starting "soon", but have yet to see the equipment.
We started the audit/tag process today. We had to look at UPC tickets in the back room for merchandise in RTW, kids apparel, and performance (men's, kid's, and ladies) to see if they were RFID enabled. We also had to do the same thing for BATH and BEDS in the domestics aisles of the back room. In addition I also find lots of vendor sunglasses that were not RFID enabled and I don't think were scanned in.

We had so many people and only had enough equipment for two people to tag, so 3 of 6 of us moved to the floor and started in RTW. Got almost 80% of the way finished there, so I guess we are ahead.

Working on it in our store too. We also have only 2 guns. Can't go "live" till you complete corporate's task list. I'm just glad these things have extra batteries and their own charging cable. It would be awful if they were just like the My Devices. ><

I'm training everyone my store this week, we are doing the prep and rollout next week. I believe we go live the week after that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back