Archived RFID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gone live yet? I keep hearing we are starting "soon", but have yet to see the equipment.

I heard they pushed it back due to difficulties

We go live in 3 weeks we've had the scanner for almost a month now. They do look a little weird training begins next week on how to use it

I'm unsure when our store is going to go live with RFID. I worked for the company that developed it years ago. There's a reason why they dropped the program instore and decided to sell it.

Instore application of being able to get radio frequency tags transmit to a device to get on hand counts live sounded great. Issues were counts vs hand counts were off. Depending on the fixture it was on. If it was a metal fixture the radio frequency tag didn't transmit to the device.

I'm unsure when our store is going to go live with RFID. I worked for the company that developed it years ago. There's a reason why they dropped the program instore and decided to sell it.

Instore application of being able to get radio frequency tags transmit to a device to get on hand counts live sounded great. Issues were counts vs hand counts were off. Depending on the fixture it was on. If it was a metal fixture the radio frequency tag didn't transmit to the device.

Wonder if this is still true? Good thing we don't use metal fixtures in our stores.

Will this replace instocks?
To my knowledge it'll just be implemented by instocks. It'll only work for some stuff in dom/home and softlines. Everything else will still need a proper scanning. Also it'll most likely create a ton of rigs do to counts being off so there will still be a need for instocks for now.

To my knowledge it'll just be implemented by instocks. It'll only work for some stuff in dom/home and softlines. Everything else will still need a proper scanning. Also it'll most likely create a ton of rigs do to counts being off so there will still be a need for instocks for now.

If I understand correctly, it will also be used for flexible fulfillment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back