Archived Riddle me this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to target last night and bought a bunch of new clothes. I looked at my receipt and saw one of my Merona sweaters stayed at full price. I thought okay no big deal, I'll go over to customer service and get this taken care of.....

OMG, I literally had to ask for a manager to come up, because the lady was not wanting to apply the discount. She even read the ad: read the exclusions out loud to me. I explained to her that a sweater was neither a: bathing suit, underwear, socks, and it wasn't on clearance. My words were; "so it's not apart of the exclusions". Her response; "well really it is". Hand to face moment.

Finally a GSA came over, but couldn't figure out how to give me the difference on red card, so they put it on a gift card.

I was so angry that I requested to speak to an ETL. I never get mad enough to want to complain to higher ups, but this transaction was ridiculous and embarrassing hearing the guest behind me huff and puff. I too just came off a 12 hour shift on BF, so I'm pretty understanding to retail - but c'mon!

I don't know why the GSTM wouldn't do it. I know some random things aren't coming up at 40% off, but I do know all of my TMs would make it right.

It's very possible the GSTM was having a rough day. I'm not saying that makes it right, but yesterday was hard on guest service people all around, I suspect.

But the GSA is right...there really isn't a way to do a direct price adjustment on a Redcard. Because of the 5% stuff, the purchase has to be completely returned and then rebought in a separate transaction with the adjusted price.

I went to target last night and bought a bunch of new clothes. I looked at my receipt and saw one of my Merona sweaters stayed at full price. I thought okay no big deal, I'll go over to customer service and get this taken care of.....

OMG, I literally had to ask for a manager to come up, because the lady was not wanting to apply the discount. She even read the ad: read the exclusions out loud to me. I explained to her that a sweater was neither a: bathing suit, underwear, socks, and it wasn't on clearance. My words were; "so it's not apart of the exclusions". Her response; "well really it is". Hand to face moment.

Finally a GSA came over, but couldn't figure out how to give me the difference on red card, so they put it on a gift card.

I was so angry that I requested to speak to an ETL. I never get mad enough to want to complain to higher ups, but this transaction was ridiculous and embarrassing hearing the guest behind me huff and puff. I too just came off a 12 hour shift on BF, so I'm pretty understanding to retail - but c'mon!
We give money back as a missed coupon.

:confused:There are 2 different pages in the ad where it literally says "all sweaters." Is that not enough proof for the GSTM that it should be on sale? Smh

Last edited:
The "fix a mistake" option is usually pretty handy in fixing them there issues.....

Even with Fix a Mistake, it will make you return and repurchase the item at the correct price if it's a Red Card. And from my experience, usually it won't allow you to do it as an exchange, you have to fully return it and repurchase it separately.

But the GSA is right...there really isn't a way to do a direct price adjustment on a Redcard. Because of the 5% stuff, the purchase has to be completely returned and then rebought in a separate transaction with the adjusted price.

Which is what I would have done. Just to get you out of the store, we have bigger issues to worry about.

I just had a thought. Maybe they didn't did the return/rebut cause we weren't supposed to do that this weekend? But this is one time you would do that.

Two words: Seasonal Hire

Quick, poor training; if any at all. That's my biggest gripe with Target. Lack of quality training.

Two words: Seasonal Hire

Quick, poor training; if any at all. That's my biggest gripe with Target. Lack of quality training.

I don't think this person was seasonal hire, I've seen her there for a least a year. I think she more so just wanted to be right or say no. There was a difficult situation/customer in front of me and i don't believe she handled that situation probably either - my opinion from being a retail manager for 10 years.

If team leads weren't so damn busy all the time we could handle all the training. The same thing goes for the top TMs. They're often too busy to be utilized for training.:(

That's a sad reality at Spot. The lack of training causing a lot of inconsistencies and ultimately makes more work for those top TMs and TLs. Seems we're always fixing problems that could have been curtailed by a more regiment training system.

I wouldn't be surprised if the GSTM hasn't been trained enough to know how to fix that specific issue. In my store, that's what our GS has been reduced to. We lost a lot of GSTMs, and quickly tried to train a bunch since the beginning of the month, which isn't very much time to be prepared for something like Black Friday. The basics of the department are easy to learn, but situational cases like this easily get overlooked until they happen. Like others have said, with the red card, it's a slightly more complex issue. Hence why help was needed. I wouldn't be surprised if they were just frazzled and couldn't think fast enough for a solution.

So yeah. I don't know what your question is really. Just, yeah. Stuff like that happens unfortunately. At least it got resolved.

I wouldn't be surprised if the GSTM hasn't been trained enough to know how to fix that specific issue. In my store, that's what our GS has been reduced to. We lost a lot of GSTMs, and quickly tried to train a bunch since the beginning of the month, which isn't very much time to be prepared for something like Black Friday. The basics of the department are easy to learn, but situational cases like this easily get overlooked until they happen. Like others have said, with the red card, it's a slightly more complex issue. Hence why help was needed. I wouldn't be surprised if they were just frazzled and couldn't think fast enough for a solution.

So yeah. I don't know what your question is really. Just, yeah. Stuff like that happens unfortunately. At least it got resolved.

The return on a gift card was not the biggest issue. I shop at target at least once a week so I know I'll use it. This main issue was me having to argue with the lady that the sweater was not part of the exclusions. After she read the add out loud she still insisted it was part of the exclusions. I didn't know a sweater could be worn as underwear.

The return on a gift card was not the biggest issue. I shop at target at least once a week so I know I'll use it. This main issue was me having to argue with the lady that the sweater was not part of the exclusions. After she read the add out loud she still insisted it was part of the exclusions. I didn't know a sweater could be worn as underwear.

Okay. I don't know what other explanation you're expecting. Shit happens? The girl was an idiot? Your issue was fixed. Don't you have better things to care about?

Okay. I don't know what other explanation you're expecting. Shit happens? The girl was an idiot? Your issue was fixed. Don't you have better things to care about?

Umm... Yes. Just posting about target stuff on a target site. If you don't think my posts are time worthy, stop replying to them and move on.... Be gone with you!

Umm... Yes. Just posting about target stuff on a target site. If you don't think my posts are time worthy, stop replying to them and move on.... Be gone with you!

So you don't want any insight or things to ponder. You just want someone to be outraged with. In that case, I'm glad you were mildly inconvenienced.

Last edited:
So you don't want any insight or things to ponder. You just want someone to be outraged with. In that case, I'm glad you were mildly inconvenienced.

I value good insight on situations. However, I don't value trolls on my posts. Asking me if I had anything better to do with my time then to ponder over this was not good insight, it was just trying to start some mild internet drama that is not needed. ... So like I said, be gone and move on.

I've found that telling a troll to begone is the absolute best way to guarantee that they will stick around and pester you.
However I don't think that is the case here.

Your riddle was asked and answered.
You got a poorly trained seasonal worker who didn't know how to vibe the situation.
Then you had to deal with one of the joys of a rather complex return system for red cards.

Sorry it happened, wish it didn't but that is pretty much what most of the people on the front lines here have to deal with everyday.
It's pretty basic and it's part of their job.
Something they come here to depressurize from, not to have follow them.

I've found that telling a troll to begone is the absolute best way to guarantee that they will stick around and pester you.
However I don't think that is the case here.

Your riddle was asked and answered.
You got a poorly trained seasonal worker who didn't know how to vibe the situation.
Then you had to deal with one of the joys of a rather complex return system for red cards.

Sorry it happened, wish it didn't but that is pretty much what most of the people on the front lines here have to deal with everyday.
It's pretty basic and it's part of their job.
Something they come here to depressurize from, not to have follow them.
Supposedly, that op has been with spot for 3 years & had no idea where the back room was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back