Archived RIP SUBT in RF apps

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 50
  • Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
That rollout was such a mess. It wreaked havoc all over the place. It was probably too ambitious. I mean, it basically overhauled our entire replenishment system in one update. That said, casepack logic is a good idea.

Do you guys think we'll see more and more things drop out of RF apps as we get closer to replacing PDAs with ipod touches?

At my store the backroom taught me how to use LOCU to pull things.

Wonderful.

I think LOCU will be used a lot with the death of SUBT in rf apps. Just think of how many baffles and ghosts are going to be created over this horrible idea from stupid people that have never worked in the backroom of a Target store.

I just love how nobody told backroom TL or backroom team.. luckily there was 1 and yes I mean only 1 person who knew about it ..thank god that plano tm decided to pick up a shift that night

I got told by the Monday through Friday backroom opener. I told the Saturday backroom opener about it was today. He had this look of "da fuh". It's going to cause so many problems. To quote Gerard Butler from Law Abiding Citizen, " it's going to be biblical".

When he told you, you should have said "guess you'll have to work weekends now!".

Not safe for sensitive ears but here is Gerard with the goods

The standalone app is slow, but not terrible. You will have to pause between scans now which does put you behind. After a few day it was second nature.

Like everything else in web apps, it's slower than molasses. Makes doing manual fills over in market absolutely awful.

The standalone app is slow, but not terrible. You will have to pause between scans now which does put you behind. After a few day it was second nature.
i can get used to walking over glass but why would I want to? Being told that we must use an inferior system that makes our productive suffer while also being told that we have to get the increased workload done in a shorter amount of time makes no sense even coming from the Stepfords

It gets worse. I heard a rumor that STO is next. RF Apps is an endangered species.

I don't think there is one right now but from what I've heard at my store, STO is moving to the web apps or all applications or whatever you call the colored menu on your PDA. In other words, if you work in the backroom, life is about become much more difficult for you while in the backroom.

I don't think there is one right now but from what I've heard at my store, STO is moving to the web apps or all applications or whatever you call the colored menu on your PDA. In other words, if you work in the backroom, life is about become much more difficult for you while in the backroom.

AUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just a rumor. I hope it's not true but with all the terrible epic fail changes that have been going on in the backroom, I won't be surprised. We have to pull bakery, deli, and produce, do stupid flexible fulfillment, and now can't use SUBT in RF apps so removing STO from RF apps is probably the clincher.

Just a rumor. I hope it's not true but with all the terrible epic fail changes that have been going on in the backroom, I won't be surprised. We have to pull bakery, deli, and produce, do stupid flexible fulfillment, and now can't use SUBT in RF apps so removing STO from RF apps is probably the clincher.

Looks like all backroom will have left to do in RF apps is LOCU.

As a programmer I understand the move to using all apps. Actually, a backroom app has great potential and can make the process more efficient. However, Target's approach to this redesign is faulty. From a user perspective, the PDA (LPDA) is best suited for RF style apps. The GUI apps are visually comforting but they currently don't deliver the same punch as the RF app. Often these apps leave the user frustrated by how slow they process or by adding additional steps making the process less efficient. If Target wants to transition to all apps then they should do it all at once. And make sure the app is truly more efficient than the RF counterpart.

I would design 1 Backroom app that contains all of the functions used in the RF app for backroom. The screen would say "What would you like to do?", From there the list would say something like "Pull, Backstock, Update location, etc." then mimic the functionality of the RF app while providing stunning graphics...oh and eliminate any unnecessary touching/looking at the screen.

Toggling takes so much longer in web apps too. It's so nice being able to have 2 apps open at the same time that takes one or two keystrokes to get to. Web apps it's hits toggle, mash on toggle since the screen uncalibrated itself, hope that the app you need is one of your three most recently used apps, if not scroll down, still not there, scroll up, hit all apps, find your app, press the icon, wait for app to load, use the app, then repeat to toggle back to original app. This process takes much less time on a 9200. Web apps just can't beat the speed of RF apps, which in a business that's all about speed and efficiency...web apps will lose every time. Requiring the touch screen slows them down on top of having to refresh with every input.

Toggling takes so much longer in web apps too. It's so nice being able to have 2 apps open at the same time that takes one or two keystrokes to get to. Web apps it's hits toggle, mash on toggle since the screen uncalibrated itself, hope that the app you need is one of your three most recently used apps, if not scroll down, still not there, scroll up, hit all apps, find your app, press the icon, wait for app to load, use the app, then repeat to toggle back to original app. This process takes much less time on a 9200. Web apps just can't beat the speed of RF apps, which in a business that's all about speed and efficiency...web apps will lose every time. Requiring the touch screen slows them down on top of having to refresh with every input.

All of this while hoping toggle doesn't log you out.

That said, item search is fantastic. I use it more than NOP now. Setting it to salesfloor gives you the same info as NOP + capacities + selling price. Item search is a great app. Item search took NOP, merchandise locate, LOC, and UPCS, streamlined them, and added more information and functionality that really makes my job easier.

Web apps subt took the RF apps version of subt, copied it, and made it slower, made it require touch screen input, and therefore made it less efficient. That's the difference between a good app and a bad app from an end user standpoint. Not trying to be harsh to our app development team, but that's just my honest feedback.

Just a different take on this: they took our old hammer with the duct tape on the handle that fit our hand in just he right way I mean it was a really nice hammer and replaced it with this shiny thing that, wow she/he is spiffy and jeez it sure does sparkle (what are those? Wow they even bedazzled the handle.) they made the head of this new hammer out of… wait where is the head of this new hammer? On back order cool, what do we use now?

Yes that up there doesn't make much sense and neither does most of Corporate's decisions. My ramblings at least I hope are a bit funny while Target's ideas are shoving us farther down the rabbit hole.

As a programmer I understand the move to using all apps. Actually, a backroom app has great potential and can make the process more efficient. However, Target's approach to this redesign is faulty. From a user perspective, the PDA (LPDA) is best suited for RF style apps. The GUI apps are visually comforting but they currently don't deliver the same punch as the RF app. Often these apps leave the user frustrated by how slow they process or by adding additional steps making the process less efficient. If Target wants to transition to all apps then they should do it all at once. And make sure the app is truly more efficient than the RF counterpart.

I would design 1 Backroom app that contains all of the functions used in the RF app for backroom. The screen would say "What would you like to do?", From there the list would say something like "Pull, Backstock, Update location, etc." then mimic the functionality of the RF app while providing stunning graphics...oh and eliminate any unnecessary touching/looking at the screen.

Seems like you've given this some thought? I like it. I use STO and SUBT and Instocks and Item Search and PTM and any other app you can think of throughout my day. Too much touching the screen, and slowness if your not lucky enough to get a 9200 PDA.

If the backroom, and the salesfloor and such will have DIFFERENT equipment, why not just streamline the backroom and salesfloor individually?? Stupid, stupid.

And I use the old PDA, screw the crosshairs, and screw the touch insensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back