Archived Salesfloor Team Lead Becoming Too Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am the salesfloor TL at my store...with this end to end service I am now in charge of both hardlines & softlines workload AND the softlines logistics process AND now pricing in all of softlines AND the new beauty team. It was overwhelming during certain weeks to just get everything planned for the following week, now it's becoming literally impossible to even think about accomplishing what is expected of me.

Thankfully the leadership team understands and I'm receiving help but...I don't know how I'm going to balance everything. Pulling our own POGs and now having to backstock all of softlines while making sure my entire team (which is the biggest in the store now) is on track of everything.

Am I missing something? I understand end to end but they're stripping other leaders workload and stockpiling it onto the salesfloor. It's overwhelming! Does anyone else have this issue going on?

So I am the salesfloor TL at my store...with this end to end service I am now in charge of both hardlines & softlines workload AND the softlines logistics process AND now pricing in all of softlines AND the new beauty team. It was overwhelming during certain weeks to just get everything planned for the following week, now it's becoming literally impossible to even think about accomplishing what is expected of me.

Thankfully the leadership team understands and I'm receiving help but...I don't know how I'm going to balance everything. Pulling our own POGs and now having to backstock all of softlines while making sure my entire team (which is the biggest in the store now) is on track of everything.

Am I missing something? I understand end to end but they're stripping other leaders workload and stockpiling it onto the salesfloor. It's overwhelming! Does anyone else have this issue going on?
Does your store not have a vmtl? I know at our store ours is over beauty. I'm assuming you're at an ULV store to be over so much. The softlines TLs are so removed from all the processes at my store, they should be fired.

Our VMTL is in charge of doing things in softlines and softlines only. She doesn't have anyone on her team. We are a ULV but literally logistics is having responsibilities (and in their defense hours) completely stripped away and being stock piled onto me. Within the past 2 months I've gained about 10 new team members that are now part of my team because of the "style" and "beauty" team. Those TM's work their butts off but can barely manage to get the softlines truck pushed let alone worry about merchandising and doing what I actually need them to do in order to keep my softlines department looking good.

Luckily this week is softlines heavy but during weeks where it's heavy in both HL and SL I'm stuck doing things in hardlines because my team there...well isn't that great and softlines has to be rushed through. It's just overwhelming right now, I want to do a great job but I don't feel like what Target (not my ETLs/STL) is throwing onto my plate allows me to actually do my role and actually think about my business, it's 100% focused on rushing through tasks which is the main criticism I have as a leader. Too much tasking (aka working my ass off) and not enough time thinking critically about boosting sales.

Also low volume. BR has Electronics, Food has market, Log has essentials. SL has SL and House/Dom.

Does your store still have a full backroom team and a BRTL? If backroom is getting cut back, maybe the BRTL could help with some of the salesfloor responsibilities?

The BRTL at my store is moving towards helping salesfloor, although we aren't full E2E and we have a bunch of salesfloor TLs and ETLs to run things.

No, backrooms hours have been cut back so much that our "closing" BR team member leaves as soon as they pull the 3pm autos. We don't have a backroom team lead, his position is truck, backroom, and instocks combined so he really can't help me more than he has.

Reshop, attendance, blown endcaps, damages, weekend closings are absolutely brutal.
Unfortunately for me as a HLTL I'm on the pay-weekend rotation, cashiers and all the likes are calling out.

Outside TLs are so removed off the process it's ridiculous.

i just want to say that I am in the same boat. Even my ETL knows that this is too much, especially in softlines. I spend 70% of my time there. We are looking to hire more TMs, so that myself and my VML are freed up for other duties. We are not even close to completing our 180 hours worth of POGs, VAs, and VMGs for this week. Might get through all of lingerie and most of shoes. Have not even had a chance to look at anything in BGI or RTW and don't get me started on the ton of signing boxes in the back. At least I have several good team members, although still working on getting beauty fully staffed.

Just hang in there and hope that, as your teams learns their role(s) it will get better. Also only bring on A players (it needs to be quality over quantity).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back