1 hr etl
1 log etl
1 sf etl

1 sr gstl
1 plano srtl
1 flow srtl
1 sr tl who lost her original job and just kind of floats around now

1 salesfloor tl

...is that even possible? That seems shockingly small now that I think about it- surely I'm missing something but I can't think of anyone. I've been told we're a b volume store, but I don't know for sure...we get 3 ~1700 pc trucks a week (although we're taking 4 1600-2100 trucks in Q4)

My store:

1 hr etl
1 log etl
1 sf etl

1 sr gstl
1 plano srtl
1 flow srtl
1 sr tl who lost her original job and just kind of floats around now

1 salesfloor tl

...is that even possible? That seems shockingly small now that I think about it- surely I'm missing something but I can't think of anyone. I've been told we're a b volume store, but I don't know for sure...we get 3 ~1700 pc trucks a week (although we're taking 4 1600-2100 trucks in Q4)

No food ave or sbux? You probably misheard (or the person telling you misheard the one telling them) 'D' as a 'B.'

We have a food Ave and Starbucks, but I've never heard anyone being referred to as a TL over there- as far as I know they're all just regular TMs

Want to feel larger? We have

1 SrTL Salesfloor
1 SrTL Logistics
1 SrTL P&P
1 APTL
1 GSTL
1 SBuxTL
1 FATL

1 ETL HR
1 ETL Logistics
1 ETL Salesfloor/GE
You have an SBTL and an FATL?? Get outta here with your fancy extra TLs!

I've been told we're a b volume store, but I don't know for sure...we get 3 ~1700 pc trucks a week (although we're taking 4 1600-2100 trucks in Q4)
That sounds like C or D. We're a B volume and taking 7-8 trucks a week for Q4 (normally 5).

One of my coworkers transferred in from a huge store in CA. He said they had 6 hardlines TLs, and 4 softlines plus a VML. Not to mention he was 1 out of about 12 TPS's lol.

Sounds like a super Target

You have an SBTL and an FATL?? Get outta here with your fancy extra TLs!

That sounds like C or D. We're a B volume and taking 7-8 trucks a week for Q4 (normally 5).
We have a FATL too.

We had a SRTL in this role. We have 2 hardlines, 1 softlines, and a VMTL and she pretty much oversaw them all. Also stepped in to help plano cause our PPTL was on loa for a while.
All our vmtl does is help out softlines... I was told she was supposed to help instocks with ptms.. She "helped" me once by telling me where she wants everything to go then went back to folding tables in softlines. The most she ever does is change the mannequins when needed. She's an overpaid softlines tl.

Since all the cool kids are doing it...

2 Hardlines TL's
1 Softlines TL
1 VML
1 Comsumables TL (I think actually another Hardlines TL but they spend 80% of their time working P-Fresh/Market)
1 Sr. Plano/Pricing TL
1 Sr. Logistics TL
1 Flow TL
2 GSTL's
(No SBX and the GSTL handles FA)

ETL-HR
ETL-SF/GE
ETL-AP
ETL-LOG

Our store has...

2 SR. GSTL
1 SR. Sales floor TL
2 Salesfloor TL - one is over softlines and the other Market/HL
1 PPTL
1 Flow TL
1 BR TL
1 Starbucks TL
1 VML

ETL-HR
ETL- AP
ETL- Log
ETL GE/SF

A volume store

3 HLTL
1 SLTL
1 SL SrTL
1 VMTL
1 CTL
1 Plano TL
1 Flow TL
1 BRTL
2 GSTL
1 SBTL

1 ETL-GE
1 ETL-SF
1 ETL-HR
1 ETL-AP
1 ETL-Log
1 STL

Seems like a good comp all in all

What are the store hours for a case like that? I'm having a hard time understanding how you even have enough key holders or LODs to run the store.

#teenytinytarget, lol. We all just have to cooperate and be willing to be flexible. Even small, but not ULV stores have only STL, 3 ETLS, 3 SRs.
My store is open 8 - 11.

What are the store hours for a case like that? I'm having a hard time understanding how you even have enough key holders or LODs to run the store.
I have seen this before in another store I worked. It means that there is no duplicate key carriers in the building except for about 1 hour around end/start of shifts and that basically when 1 key carrier goes home for the day, the other starts their shift. In other words, you better recap fast. Store hours 7am-11pm.

We have a similar setup, but with more TLs and no ETL covering AP. Three of the TLs are SrTLs and every Logistics TL who is not a Sr is at least a key carrier. So the LOD shifts are basically 6:30-3 and 2-10:30 and a key carrier is always scheduled to come in at 6 on non-truck days to let everyone in.

8-10 everyday. 3 TLs are seniors and the flow TL is a key holder. When's it busy, the seniors are allocated 3-4 LOD shifts per week between all of us, when it's slow, we each get one a week. Our ETLs and STL have got to be among the hardest working in the company, especially for an ULV. They bust their butts all day, every day.

I know this is really random, but do your TLs have boards at their desks with their names and personal stuff on them? We have cork boards. What do you call them? What kind of things do you put on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back