Archived Sayanora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after 2 months of back and forth battling with my HR, the Reed Group and calling the Integrity hotline and talking to corporate, I am still being denied my short term disability pay, for delivering my baby 5 days before my 6 month mark.

I am scheduled to go back this week but have been actively applying to other jobs. I refuse to work for a company that doesn’t support their employees, especially one that worked their pregnant ass off for. Plus my scheduling manager called me to verify when I was coming back and I told them about my availability change due to childcare options, and they still scheduled me on days I needed off. When I told them early mornings wouldn’t work, they called back and asked “well how about late afternoon” on the same days I told them I would be unavailable. I get it’s Black Friday week, but with the holidays my finding a sitter is hard. So I’m going to make it work this week, but if it keeps up it just cements my decision to leave

Unbelievable....baby is early and they still say no? What are they thinking? If your due date was after your six months date then I'd think that it would be fair that they let you get disability.
It's not your fault that baby made an early arrival.
After learning about all the crap that stores do, I'd walk away from Target.....assuming that it is possible.

Hey, let us know what ended up happening...ok?

I was granted short term during the holidays for surgery I had to have done so being an holiday shouldn't be an excuse to not grant someone disability or LOA. Granted my manager pushed harder to get me out shortly after I returned but they let me go through with the leave. Knowing what I know now, I was glad I was able to get the surgery I needed done before walking away.

Situations like this make me so angry. What in the hell is wrong with this company?
We’ve all seen the “gaming the schedule” scenario as well as the “ hours slashed” gambit to leverage people out. It’s not like the tm had a baby to inconvenience Target. And you can bet this wouldn’t fly with salaried employees.

Last edited:
Unbelievable....baby is early and they still say no? What are they thinking? If your due date was after your six months date then I'd think that it would be fair that they let you get disability.
It's not your fault that baby made an early arrival.
After learning about all the crap that stores do, I'd walk away from Target.....assuming that it is possible.

Hey, let us know what ended up happening...ok?

I ended up giving them a week notice last week because I was offered a FT position with a place I’ve been trying to get into for 10 years. It’s my dream job. I also sent a letter to one of the CEO’s about my experience with them messing up my maternity leave, but I have yet to hear a reply. On the exit survey they make you do I let them know this was why I was leaving

I ended up giving them a week notice last week because I was offered a FT position with a place I’ve been trying to get into for 10 years. It’s my dream job. I also sent a letter to one of the CEO’s about my experience with them messing up my maternity leave, but I have yet to hear a reply. On the exit survey they make you do I let them know this was why I was leaving

Doubt you will....move on.

Bookworm3: I am incredibly happy for you! Getting a FT job at a place you've been waiting on for 10 years....yay! for you. I am glad that you were able to remove yourself from the unfair environment that you were in.
Regarding your letter...I'm guessing that you won't hear a response....but I'm sure that you feel better for having written the letter.

@Bookworm83 , congratulations on everything and I wish you happiness and prosperity of heart, family, and in whole for your future!

Cornwell DID make a big to do about an employee's letter a few years back. Of course, that was one out of how many, we'll not know.

Target NEEDS something positive now as employee attitude is palpably poor SO you might be the one taken seriously.

I would have two copies, one each delivered to both him and his Administrative Assistant in blueprint tubes by FedEx with signature required and faxes sent in middle of the night to avoid interception I'm creative that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back