Archived Scanning signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I was just wondering something the other day while printing missed ad signs...why do some signs scan in while others kick back "sign not applicable" or something to that affect, I forgot :) It seems to be both TPC's and red signs(ie as ad, sale) that I print off the signing pc. I'm just wondering why some scan in while others kick back? Thanks for all responses! I truly love the resources, bright minds and all the help this site has given me in my short time back at Bullseye!!

I'm just wondering why some scan in while others kick back?

Because our systems were programmed in 1937, and the people maintaining them now are 12-year old children in India.

(Seriously though, we've mySupported the issue and they say that any time you get a store-printed sign that won't scan, you're supposed to create a CSC ticket. We don't bother, because seriously, what's the point? They never fix anything, and we'd be creating about a hundred tickets a week...)

Unless you created the sign using the original sign number, it won't scan. Signs created from scanning the product or label don't have a sign number which is recognized in the system, therefore cannot be scanned in or down. Signs created using the sign number attached to the original sign then printed from the label pc will be able to be scanned down. It's all about having that special number which makes it scanable or not.

Unless you created the sign using the original sign number, it won't scan. Signs created from scanning the product or label don't have a sign number which is recognized in the system, therefore cannot be scanned in or down. Signs created using the sign number attached to the original sign then printed from the label pc will be able to be scanned down. It's all about having that special number which makes it scanable or not.

That makes a ton of sense :) For some reason that just never dawned on me, I swear I learn something new everyday on this site. Thanks guys!

God forbid you can link a specific UPC/DPCI to a promotion # and the system would recognize it...

Are you crazy? That would be way too easy and make too much sense!

What's with this logical thinking again? Lol jk. I completely agree that there should be something down the pipe by now for store fixes when signs need to be printed. Today just in electronics I had to print over 75 signs lol somedays u wonder what hapoened to all the missing signs.

What's with this logical thinking again? Lol jk. I completely agree that there should be something down the pipe by now for store fixes when signs need to be printed. Today just in electronics I had to print over 75 signs lol somedays u wonder what hapoened to all the missing signs.
Ck with your prep person. It maybe the no locations signs.

This is great site to learn a lot about spot! Including me too.

Just too bad "Spot's" idea of a good website is Red360. Just imagine how many more people--and therefore how much more good information--would show up here if the company actually sanctioned the site instead of just tolerating it? Pipe dream, I know, but still.

Just too bad "Spot's" idea of a good website is Red360. Just imagine how many more people--and therefore how much more good information--would show up here if the company actually sanctioned the site instead of just tolerating it? Pipe dream, I know, but still.

Where do you think spot the idea from, here?...makes you wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back