Schedule Change Exemption

I work at a distribution center in the Northeast, I also decided to go back to graduate school this fall semester. I'm currently on A1/warehousing and have partnered with my Home Key OM's as well as HR on the schedule change exemption form. With my school schedule and unpaid internship twice a week (requirement for program) I told them I can only work mandatory overtime days on Wednesdays as its my only day off. I don't need to make any changes to my actual normal shift days on A1. I'm getting frustrated because my forms keep getting "lost" and are not being processed this is the second time now this has happened after I put in the first form end of August and the second one in September both with the required documentation. I told them I'm willing to work with them and come in on Wednesdays for overtime which is my only day off each week. I have discussed my circumstances in depth with my OM's and they were understanding and seemed willing to work with me but I just don't understand where the forms are going to/misplaced? HR doesn't have them on file. If I don't hear back on the status (Said I wanted the effective date October 8th) I am going to fill out another form and submit it myself. The last form i gave to my OM to hand in along with my class schedule, and i explained about the unpaid internship and the days and times for that. I'm starting to think the form was just never turned in by my OM.

I understand Target HR does not have to work with me and its all based on a business need, but I just recognize i cannot work other overtime days for this semester. But I feel i've done everything I can at this point to have them accommodate my schedule. I just thought Target would be more willing to work and be flexible with college students.

I guess I don't really know what I'm asking, or if other people in higher up positions have any advice? i just don't wanna keep racking up more accountable time. I know i can technically switch with another team member for overtime days for that week but it's just a matter of finding someone who happens to have OT on Wednesdays.

That is not an unreasonable accommodation at all. If I were to bet, I would guess the form got misplaced between the som and hr.

Three signatures are needed for the schedule exception form: om, som and hr.

im not sure how close you are with your som, but I would get your om to sign the form and then find the som to sign it as well. Lastly, I would then deliver it to hr personally to make sure it got there. Should you have to do this? No, but there is a lot on om’s/soms plates and it very well could get easily misplaced.

Okay thanks, I also did a job change back in August so I am new to the department and key. I transferred from Inbound and I was told overtime for me wasn't applicable until after my learning period was over or approximately six weeks since when I first started. But because I've been with the DC for over a year the system still schedules me.

I will go ahead and resubmit the form again tomorrow during my shift. Hopefully everything gets sorted out!

Back