Archived Schedule posting deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodyNN

Plays with strings; Bacon Number of 2
When I was hired, a little over a year ago, I was informed in orientation that schedules are posted Thursdays by 2 pm. No problem.

Fast forward to about September 2017. Three weeks in a row, there was a sign on the board, "schedules will be posted Friday AM". Okay, we were going through management changes and I figured they were just getting into their groove.

Except here it is December, the schedule has never been available on Thursday since, and now there's a sign up that the new schedule will be posted EOD today. I have appointments that I need to make for the 15th and 16th, but I can't do that until I know what hours I'm working because I can't afford to lose shifts to the swap board. (yeah, yeah, whine complain ;) )

I know there's no actual law stating how much advance notice an employer has to provide, but is there an official Target policy? I'm debating whether to make a stink about it.

I know there's no actual law stating how much advance notice an employer has to provide, but is there an official Target policy? I'm debating whether to make a stink about it.

I am one of those people who agrees with you 100% and the handbook says Thursday at 12pm.

However this time of year it's just not realistic. I know in my district every single store has to send their schedule in to the hrbp and dtl for approval on Thursday at noon.

They look at it for 4 hours (10 stores in the district) then send it back to you and expect you to make all these edits.

Every activity (order pickup, picking, packing, winning the weekend, bullseye playground etc) has to be shift tagged by the schedule writer. They want face areas staffed open to close and you have to overcompensate for callouts.

I consider myself an efficient schedule writer and it took me almost two days to write the schedule for the 12-19th for all the salesfloor/front. I can't imagine doing that with an LOD shift.

So to answer your question no your store doesn't have to post the schedule by 12pm this time of year.

Some are able to but those are probably the stores who post one schedule then change tms schedule on the computer later to fill gaps and expect them to adjust.

I recommend you give your store a break, but if it's still not happening in January you have a legit complaint.

I know there's no actual law stating how much advance notice an employer has to provide

At @WestLoggy store and some in San Francisco/west coast they have to post it 3 weeks in advance. It's a little tough on the store but it's great for tms.

The two highest volume stores in my district have less turnover than the low volumes because of the 3 week scheduling and the 15 an hour minimum wage.

My store is almost at 100 terms with only 120 non seasonals while the 15 dollar an hour AA volume has over 220 team members and only 40 terms YTD.

I was told they have the best retention in region 200.

My store seems to struggle with schedule writing though as Friday seems to be the norm for our schedule to be published holiday or not.

I ended up with a perfect opening to talk to HRTL about it tonight. My schedule became live on eHR overnight, but as I was leaving, she was putting up a sign that basically said "mega glitch, schedule will be ready Monday". So I was able to open the discussion by asking if I should ignore what was available on eHR based on the new sign. She told me that front end is the only part of the schedule that was ready, and that SFS - which we've only had in store for a couple weeks - is completely messing with everything else.

She said that they aim for Thursday afternoon, but that it's realistically going to be Friday EOD for the next few weeks while issues are ironed out.

And I would have done a vacation request if I had known about the need to schedule appointments before the submission cut-off.

At @WestLoggy store and some in San Francisco/west coast they have to post it 3 weeks in advance. It's a little tough on the store but it's great for tms.
We're SUPPOSED to. We don't, ever. The third week usually isn't scheduled until the end of the first.

Reviving this thread to find out if anyone’s store posts the schedule on Thursday. Ours hasn’t don’t that in at least a year now and for the last couple of weeks we are luckily if it gets put up by 4pm on Friday. Is this an effort to make us all us Kronos? I hate that app - why can’t it save my dang password? If someone steals my phone that is one thing I’m sure they won’t be looking at.

For the most part, my store posts a paper schedule Thursday afternoon. I don't generally see my schedule through eHR at home until Friday, and I don't trust Kronos yet.

Then I don't understand why the app can show a different schedule than what's in the store? I was in a conversation last weekend with my GSA and a couple TMs who all had issues with the Kronos app not displaying correctly. One TM had been written up for a NCNS because she was scheduled to work and it wasn't in the app, and the GSA didn't know he was scheduled that day for the same reason.

Then I don't understand why the app can show a different schedule than what's in the store? I was in a conversation last weekend with my GSA and a couple TMs who all had issues with the Kronos app not displaying correctly. One TM had been written up for a NCNS because she was scheduled to work and it wasn't in the app, and the GSA didn't know he was scheduled that day for the same reason.
That’s odd. It shouldn’t be but idk

My store doesn’t post it up til the Sunday/Monday 1 week before the scheduled week. I’ve never seen them post it in paper on Thursday 2 weeks before, I’ll be lucky if I see posted in paper on the Saturday 2 weeks before the schedule week.
It’s usually up on Kronos/MyTime/MySchedule at midnight Friday 2 weeks before. It’s semi-official in which it’s most likely your schedule but it’s subject to change until it’s posted in paper.

The app should be what prints everyday with the grid and break schedule. It updates in real time.... A good example is I had a TM tell me she put her shift on the board and no one had taken it by the day before but she decided to check the day of a couple hours before and it was not on her schedule anymore because someone picked it up and HR took her off the schedule. Theoretically Kronos should be the MOST reliable. It’s hard for me to judge because I have a set schedule so I don’t ever use it besides checking my time card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back