Archived Scheduled behind my back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was supposed to be off on <insertdayhere> according to the wall schedule, and myTime according to when the schedule was first posted. The night before said shift, I double checked because I always double check I have my days off and it turns out I was put on the schedule with no consent, or awareness. Not a soul told me I was put on the schedule and was under the impression I did not work and had I not cared to check I would of been marked as a no call no show, how do I go about solving this issue, because it does not slide well with me? And apparently, they've been doing this to everyone and a few people have been fired over this.

My GSTL told me he was tempted to do it to me once. But at least in his case he told me if I hadn't shown up he'd have made sure it wasn't a NCNS.

He tried calling me the night before to ask if I could come in the next day, I'd changed phone #'s and he didn't have the new #, so he debated just throwing a shift into myTime because he knew I checked my online schedule every night rather than memorizing it or writing it down for the week; so he figured I'd probably check, see it, and just come in for it.

This year our team did that with the TLs the weekend before Christmas. Any TL who had the weekend off was supposed to work. They didn't tell any of us that they did it and I only found out because I checked the schedule via mobile view. I'm pretty sure they did it after the wall schedule was posted, too. I worked it, mostly because I had told my ETL I felt strange NOT working that day, but I was not thrilled they did it the way they did. It was more $$ in my paycheck so it's not all that bad now.

If they still do this - the date the schedule was printed out is on the bottom of the sheet or on the sheet somewhere that prints some stats. Check the date for the sheet you are on and see when it was changed. Also verify all sheets have the same date. Different dates or a date closer to the day you were added is an indication that the schedule was changed and the ETL is trying to be sneaky.

You shouldn't be liable for a change like that. Change two weeks in advance - it's ok - change the week prior or same week - sketchy.

If they still do this - the date the schedule was printed out is on the bottom of the sheet or on the sheet somewhere that prints some stats. Check the date for the sheet you are on and see when it was changed. Also verify all sheets have the same date. Different dates or a date closer to the day you were added is an indication that the schedule was changed and the ETL is trying to be sneaky.

You shouldn't be liable for a change like that. Change two weeks in advance - it's ok - change the week prior or same week - sketchy.
If changes are made , and you are working the same period the newest revision schedule is put up, you are unfortunately liable for checking your schedule. That is part of the game now. It happens sometimes but part of the responsibility of your job is to double check your schedule. If this happens on a day you are off, and you have the next day off, they change it so you work, you are responsible, unless they call you first.

Glad/sad to see that it's not just my store, however, the issue is that they're aren't revising the schedule. The original schedule was there, and I was not asked/told anything about doing said shift. I did the shift because I was afraid if I called out, they'd mark me as a callout and REALLY dislike calling out unless I'm extremely sick/contagious. I went to HR about it and they said they would investigate it further because they are not sure why/who would do something like that, and sincerely apologized and offered me to go home. I ended up staying for the shift because as others said it was more $$ in my pocket, but I have a feeling I know which ETL did it, and I really do not appreciate that. The worst thing about it is that the day the shift addon happened, I called the store before in the morning to check if someone had taken my shift for a different day, and to check my schedule because MyTime was acting up, and turns out that on the same day I called a couple hours later my shift was changed for the day in question. The conversation between operator and I had nothing to do with me picking up any hours or agreeing to pick up any hours. Anyways /rant because all is said and done not much I can do about it now, I just told HR I don't want to see that happening again and next time, I won't be showing up.

The old rule was 24 hours notice. Spot could revise your schedule as long as they gave you 24hours notice. This went for adding you on the schedule and taking you off ( cutting payroll etc). However, I know things have been changing . If you notice now when you check your schedule from home or from your phone up at the top it will say schedule current as of the date and the time ( the exact time that you just logged in). I would assume that since this is displayed on your online schedule that Spot ( be it store level or higher) can tell when you have viewed your schedule online... I am willing to bet that's a loophole for spot .... making you responsible for whatever you see so their "edits" stick . The hr team member at my store told me that our store had been changing schedules right and left without telling team members...until one team member came in for work and was told they had been taken off the schedule ( to save payroll) and they were not allowed to clock in. This team member ( I dont know who it was because the hr team member wouldnt give me the name nor did I ask) called the hotline and raised a stink about it ( don't blame them) . So, now if they change it they are suppose to let the team member know . To the original OP, I would talk to Hr for sure and take it from there

Last edited:
My orientation group was told that we wouldn't see our names on the schedules that were already posted because they never reprint the schedule after it is published for any reason. Seems like a good policy to me... the date printed will never change so no one can use that as an excuse for missing a shift.

They do reprint the schedule though....they may say they don't but they do. Grant it being this could vary from store to store...but I know in my store they have reprinted it before

Seems like there should be a company wide policy on this, but apparently there isn't or some stores don't follow it. I don't see how you could add anyone to the schedule without telling them and actually count on them finding out and showing up.

If they really need someone to come in, why not ask in person or call? My store calls and asks me to come in almost every day I'm off until I get close to 40 hours. I come in when I can and when I can't they aren't counting on me being there. This isn't rocket science.

It's actually a "policy" in our group not to reprint the schedule and the HRBP can rain shit on ETLs that do it. Our HRBP would tear a new asshole if an ETL got called out on doing it. I would add or modify but only after a TMs permission.

Ha ha! Policy schmolicy. They just leave a preprinted page on the front of each week's schedule that says ... Please check your schedule, changes may have been made.

So I get there in the morning, check to see if my starting time is the same. Then I check my end time. Then at break I check again. I check again a couple more times that day. Then I go home and check it 50 or 60 more times.

Gosh, wouldn't it be great to actually have a schedule where you could plan your life?

The idea seems to be ... If you don't like it, quit. Cause if you complain or make a fuss, we'll just not schedule you at all. Is that better?

So there is a policy. But only for the company's benefit. Heaven forbid i did the same thing!

And don't get me started on availability. If I ger scheduled outside my availability (there are 4 hours i can't work because i volunteer somewhere each week) they say ... It doesn't matter we did that, now it's YOUR responsibility to find someone to work it.

What a bunch of crap.

Ha ha! Policy schmolicy. They just leave a preprinted page on the front of each week's schedule that says ... Please check your schedule, changes may have been made.

So I get there in the morning, check to see if my starting time is the same. Then I check my end time. Then at break I check again. I check again a couple more times that day. Then I go home and check it 50 or 60 more times.

Gosh, wouldn't it be great to actually have a schedule where you could plan your life?

The idea seems to be ... If you don't like it, quit. Cause if you complain or make a fuss, we'll just not schedule you at all. Is that better?

So there is a policy. But only for the company's benefit. Heaven forbid i did the same thing!

And don't get me started on availability. If I ger scheduled outside my availability (there are 4 hours i can't work because i volunteer somewhere each week) they say ... It doesn't matter we did that, now it's YOUR responsibility to find someone to work it.

What a bunch of crap.

None of that is the slightest bit acceptable.

In the long run my bosses screwed me over but even they wouldn't have pulled that kind of crap.
If the schedule was posted they wouldn't change it without checking with the TMs first and if a person got scheduled outside their availability they would take on themselves to fix the mistake (and acknowledge that it was their mistake).
Yes, they sucked in a great many ways but the schedule was not something they would dare mess around with.

And you know why?
Because that is the quickest way to lose good people, piss everyone off and destroy confidence in the company.
The whole, if you don't like it find another job or we're going to punish you if you complain by giving you less hours just doesn't fly anymore.
The economy is getting better, the service jobs are starting to organize and people are getting tired of being shoved around.

Spot is well aware that this kind of mistreatment is one of the quickest ways to get people to talk of organizing so they wouldn't be very happy about it either.

I wouldn't have actually minded if my GSTL just threw me on the schedule hoping I'd show up so long as not showing up didn't result in any sort of disciplinary action.

I've had some pretty crappy ETLs but none that would go as far to reprint the schedule.

My etl-ge explained when I was scheduled outside of my Spot approved availability that my responsibilities are:
1) Let my ETL know this has happened and that I am unable to work it.
2) Put the shift on the swap shift board.
That is it.

My etl-ge explained when I was scheduled outside of my Spot approved availability that my responsibilities are:
That is it.

And what happens if no one takes it?

That is it.

I would talk to you ETL-HR because that sounds fishy as all get out.
If they made the mistake, why are you supposed to fix it?
It is not your responsibility to fix a goof on your paycheck, plug the hole in security so people don't get hacked, or freezers aren't defrosting all over the floor.
They don't turn to you and say fix these things for us, so they shouldn't make you fix their screw up on the schedule.

Yeah that whole scheduling outside of your availability becoming your responsibility thing is a definitely sketchy. In fact, I had a scheduling issue where they scheduled me way outside of my availability this week, and went straight to HR, they apologized and proceeded to audit my schedule to fit my availability and even kept the same hours (as in a 4 hour shift).

That is it.

And what happens if no one takes it?

They take me off that shift in my time. Putting it on the board is just the easiest way to let folks know it's available. Then it is up to them (ETL/HR/whoever) to make sure the error is corrected/shift filled. And of course I will hound them about taking me out of the shift if they don't do it right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back