Archived Scheduled on the ONLY day I set as unavailable in my 90 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justanothervm

just living the dream in red and khaki
Hi guys!

New here, but this place has already answered so many of my questions as a silent reader, so thanks for everyones input!

I have a scheduling issue and couldn’t find any similar posts, so here it goes:

In my interview I have given them pretty much entirely open availablity, at 30hrs/week with only one day where I will not be available (10/24 - my birthday).
My schedule next week (10/14-10/20) is 38.75 hrs with meals already taken out, only Tuesday and Thursday off. I was fine with that for now, as it seemed like a one-off and I figured I’d have Sunday 10/21 off because I discussed with my ETL that I need at least 2 consecutive days off per week. The week after (10/21-10/27) is exactly the same though, same days and same hours. Also, I’m scheduled on the 24th, even though that’s the only day in all of my first 90 days I told them I will be unavailable.
I’m hoping that second week (10/21-10/27) is just a system issue and will be adjusted when my ETL does scheduling. Is that something that happens sometimes? She’s out of town so maybe she hasn’t even looked at the schedule for the week of the 21st and it will get updated when she has a chance?
I asked her to change something on my schedule once before so I don’t want to bug her about it again, but this is not what was agreed in terms of hours and work days and it kind of bums me out a bit... All of a sudden I’m up to 40-ish hours and 5 days a week with only one day off between work days. I’m also all of a sudden down to only 2 VM shifts (what I was hired for) and 3 softlines shifts (something i have never done before) in that 10/21-10/27 week.

Please just ease my mind and tell me that the system just copies the schedule from the previous week if the ETL didn’t do the schedule yet and it will likely be updated by them soon?

Thanks guys, sorry for the long post :(
(Added photo of my schedule to make it easier to follow)

Attachments

• 88F6D070-0664-47AE-8AE5-8F3CF452DD36.jpeg
    88F6D070-0664-47AE-8AE5-8F3CF452DD36.jpeg
    331.3 KB · Views: 63
Did you asked forthat day off in ehr? You were added in a different workcenter to keep your hours up. A lot of folks, got their hours cut for the next 2 weeks.

I don't believe your schedule copies over. Someone has to schedule you manually every week.

Just give the shift away on the swap board in the TSC/clerical office. Your ETL is probably swamped and may have simply forgotten not to schedule you that day.

I don't believe your schedule copies over. Someone has to schedule you manually every week.

Just give the shift away on the swap board in the TSC/clerical office. Your ETL is probably swamped and may have simply forgotten not to schedule you that day.
This^. I have seen some very incompetent ETLs. A few great ones, but alot more are the kind where you have constantly remind things. Particularly when it comes to scheduling. Remember going forward. Talk to your HR and REMIND them of the arrangement you made at the interview. Worst case,swap board.

I've found that the HR team at my store is terrible about inputting vacations from the interview. ETLs aren't going to remember unless it's in the system. We interview so many people that it's just not feasible. It may be same at your store, so approach your ETL with grace and remind them about your vacation. Don't go to him/her with an attitude.

Now the hours situation is really the limitations of the scheduling system. No where does it list what you put down as your avg/max hours. So your ETL has to try to remember everyone's hours or keep running back to check your interview packet. Mistakes happen. Again just have a calm conversation with your ETL.

A Simple chart with vital info like TM availability upcoming time off requests and other info for TMs is not that hard. If an ETL truly wants to lead he/she has to be aware of the needs of their employees. Otherwise TMs dont feel like they are part of the team. If their is an issue with communication between individuals. That needs to be solved ASAP.
I mean this is management 101. Wtf are some of these ETLs managing, their lunch and dinner options?

A Simple chart with vital info like TM availability upcoming time off requests and other info for TMs is not that hard. If an ETL truly wants to lead he/she has to be aware of the needs of their employees. Otherwise TMs dont feel like they are part of the team. If their is an issue with communication between individuals. That needs to be solved ASAP.
I mean this is management 101. Wtf are some of these ETLs managing, their lunch and dinner options?

Look you may have shitty ETLs, that doesn't mean we're all shit. I expect my HR team to do their job correctly. I don't have time to do their job and my job. There's nothing simple about keeping a chart when you have over 80 people on your team and half of them change their availability/ask for time off every week. There is a system in place for dealing with that and when it's broken TMs and ETLs need to be calm and civil in fixing it. All you need to do is bring up the fact that you had time off from the interview. The ETL will check and if that's true they'll fix the schedule. Done. No need to get pissed at them because HR didn't do their jobs correctly.

Look you may have shitty ETLs, that doesn't mean we're all shit. I expect my HR team to do their job correctly. I don't have time to do their job and my job. There's nothing simple about keeping a chart when you have over 80 people on your team and half of them change their availability/ask for time off every week. There is a system in place for dealing with that and when it's broken TMs and ETLs need to be calm and civil in fixing it. All you need to do is bring up the fact that you had time off from the interview. The ETL will check and if that's true they'll fix the schedule. Done. No need to get pissed at them because HR didn't do their jobs correctly.
Hi , Mr. ETL I never said all ETLs were shitty, I said most were. You always like to pass buck. Make excuses. There are a few good ones that make a difference. You are saying an ETL has 80 TMs? Lol ok. Like which one? ETL-GE has 80 tms? Lol i wish. ETL-LOG has 80 tms? Lol I wish. ETL-SF has 80 tms? Lol I wish. ETL-OPS has 80 tms? Lol I wish. ETL-HR has 80 TMs? Lol I wish.
Scheduling should never have been taken away from TLs. TLs knows and sees business needs up close. An ETL might pull a report and wipe their ass with it calling it “work”.
If an individual is expecting that level of due diligence from a TM. Getting paid 3-4 times as much. He/she should be able to reciprocate the same.

Hi , Mr. ETL I never said all ETLs were shitty, I said most were. You always like to pass buck. Make excuses. There are a few good ones that make a difference. You are saying an ETL has 80 TMs? Lol ok. Like which one? ETL-GE has 80 tms? Lol i wish. ETL-LOG has 80 tms? Lol I wish. ETL-SF has 80 tms? Lol I wish. ETL-OPS has 80 tms? Lol I wish. ETL-HR has 80 TMs? Lol I wish.
Scheduling should never have been taken away from TLs. TLs knows and sees business needs up close. An ETL might pull a report and wipe their ass with it calling it “work”.
If an individual is expecting that level of due diligence from a TM. Getting paid 3-4 times as much. He/she should be able to reciprocate the same.

I'm the GE and yes I have over 80 TMs. I would love to give the scheduling back to my TLs, but unfortunately we're not allowed to do that in my district. It's not about making excuses, it's about explaining the other side of the business that most of you have no idea how it works. You're always so quick to blame the ETLs, never acknowledging that we too have limitations and we too have to answer to someone else. You act like it's so simple when in reality we have ridiculous expectations thrown on us as well.

I'm the GE and yes I have over 80 TMs. I would love to give the scheduling back to my TLs, but unfortunately we're not allowed to do that in my district. It's not about making excuses, it's about explaining the other side of the business that most of you have no idea how it works. You're always so quick to blame the ETLs, never acknowledging that we too have limitations and we too have to answer to someone else. You act like it's so simple when in reality we have ridiculous expectations thrown on us as well.
I hope it gets better for you.

o where does it list what you put down as your avg/max hours.

Really? I had no idea. Yet the system prompts each applicant to make a selection on how many hours they're willing to work each week.

Now I know why my HR 'forgets' my Max hours from time to time.

thanks for all the responses guys! just to update: my ETL called me into her "office" yesterday to discuss a different scheduling matter (two 7am shifts being switched to overnights because we're behind on a few sets) and i brought up that second week on my schedule that seemed weird and she told me it's just what the system generates and that she'll have the schedule for that week done by tomorrow. weirdly enough, since monday i can't access the week of the 21st in eHR anymore anyways. so seems to just have been a glitch in the system. :)

This happened to me as well. In my interview I told them about two days I needed off and was told that was fine. Got scheduled for both of them. The first time my TL just took me off the schedule. Second time and my TL is super reluctant/almost seems like they don’t believe me.
Also, the paper schedule I was given at orientation apparently didn’t match the computer schedule so when I showed up on my first day I was told I already missed two shifts. Luckily I had the paper schedule in my pocket to show them.
Getting really fed up with all the scheduling issues I’ve had....

This happened to me as well. In my interview I told them about two days I needed off and was told that was fine. Got scheduled for both of them. The first time my TL just took me off the schedule. Second time and my TL is super reluctant/almost seems like they don’t believe me.
Also, the paper schedule I was given at orientation apparently didn’t match the computer schedule so when I showed up on my first day I was told I already missed two shifts. Luckily I had the paper schedule in my pocket to show them.
Getting really fed up with all the scheduling issues I’ve had....
If your interviewer wrote down the days you needed off on your paperwork, your TL can have them pulled and checked for verification. As for the confusion about your first schedule, unfortunately that happens to a lot of new TMs. HR has a lot of things going on at once, tasks like entering the schedules into the system get handed off, and sometimes overlooked. Lucky that you saved the paper schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back