Archived Scheduled outside my availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm not sure where category-wise my post should be, I just need to know if I'm over reacting and if not what should I do... Anyway, I have limited availability on Sundays & Saturdays I checked the schedule and saw that I was scheduled for a Saturday night outside that availability, I called HR and told them about the discrepancy and was told that since the schedule hadn't been posted on the board that it was subject to change, but that she would let the etl-hr know and they would correct it; later that day I check my schedule again and still outside availability minus one hour. I go into work and see the stl and tell him that I was scheduled outside availability, he said that he would text the etl-hr and let her know; etl-hr comes in this evening and I tell her that she has scheduled me outside availability and that there's no way I can work until the time she has me scheduled, she says she'll take a look at the schedule and get back to me (????). If my availability was approved back in February with no end date to that availability what's there to talk about? And why schedule me still outside availability just one hour earlier? Should I call the Integrity line? I go to work on time, never call off, all I want is to work and be able to get home safe...

Wait for the paper schedule to be posted first, then talk to your team lead or etl. The schedules are put up 2 weeks in advance. Always review it & report any issues promptly.

I wouldn't call the integrity hotline about this, unless it becomes a recurring issue and you talk to everyone without them figuring out how to schedule within your availability. If the schedule hasn't been posted yet I would wait and see if they fix it. If they don't then remind them that you are not available for part of that shift and you tried to talk to them about it before it was posted. The few times this has happened at my store they have just said to come in at the time you're available, or they push your shift back so you work the same amount of hours, just within your availability.

Thanks Hardlinemaster & SoftlinesSleuth, its just that it weirded me out when she said she would talk to me about it later, I just don't see what there's to talk about, my availability was approved months before she got here and no one has ever scheduled me outside of those times before. Why not just change it? And why change it to a time still outside that availability?

I won't get in trouble for leaving early? I like my job and more importantly I need my job, this is really stressing me out.......

Don't be stressed, and don't just leave early. Talk to either your ETL or ETL HR. Tell them what the problem is, and ask if they would rather have you change the time of your shift, or just post the shift. If they want to change the time, remind them to do so in the schedule so you can punch in. If they want you to post it, remind them to remove you from the schedule as you won't be able to work outside of your availability. Stay calm. There are lots of tms to keep track of, and often it works best to stay calm and tell the ETLs what needs done.

You are seriously overreacting. Just calm down and wait until the schedule is actually posted on the board and they tell you they aren't going to change it before you get upset.

HR probably said she would look at it and get back to you because she doesn't have the entire schedule memorized and needs to see exactly what is happening with it. There are several hundred people who work in your store, and you can't possibly expect them to remember every detail about everyone's schedule.

Don't call the hotline, because that's not what it's for. All they will do is kick the issue back to the STL, who will then be severely annoyed with you.

Wait until the schedule is finalized, then bring it up again. Worst case scenario, if they won't change it for some reason, just go into work for that shift and let the LOD know right away that you have to leave early due to other commitments and that HR knows the schedule was outside of your availability.

I have been scheduled out of my availability for the past month and it has been getting out of hand and making me miss life events. I currently working 2 jobs including target and I only get Thursdays and Sundays off and they think it's okay to just ignore and automatically deny my requests.

I have been scheduled out of my availability for the past month and it has been getting out of hand and making me miss life events. I currently working 2 jobs including target and I only get Thursdays and Sundays off and they think it's okay to just ignore and automatically deny my requests.

If you are scheduled outside of your availability do not work it.
Just don't, because if you do too often they will take your availability as a suggestion and not a line in the sand.

The minute you see you are scheduled when you aren't supposed to be, tell the HR ETL.
Make it their job to fix it and don't show up even if they don't fix it.
They will have to learn the hard way not to do that.

If you are scheduled outside of your availability do not work it.
Just don't, because if you do too often they will take your availability as a suggestion and not a line in the sand.

The minute you see you are scheduled when you aren't supposed to be, tell the HR ETL.
Make it their job to fix it and don't show up even if they don't fix it.
They will have to learn the hard way not to do that.
I have called off twice since they decided to deny my requests. I will probably continue to do so until I'm honored what I'm asking for, lol.

I have called off twice since they decided to deny my requests. I will probably continue to do so until I'm honored what I'm asking for, lol.

It's not a request.
If they schedule you outside of your availability it's a fix it or else.
You take it to the ETL HR and say this can't keep happening.
Make sure your availability is properly set in the computer just in case but then keep going in every time.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Calling off is counting against you on your attendance record.
Like Commie said, the minute the schedule goes up and you see an issue bring it to HR's attn as well as your TL and ETL. Remind them again if needed. Then if it still doesn't get fixed, just don't show or call. Of it then is counted as a NCNS, raise hell. You've got lots of witnesses that you tried to get it changed.

I encourage you to follow up why this is happening. I am willing to bet your availability is wrong in the computer.

Or they don't care. How else do you get scheduled on your birthday that you have approved time off for. Sneaky ETL that wanted to bother me for another work center. It didn't go well for them.

Or they don't care. How else do you get scheduled on your birthday that you have approved time off for. Sneaky ETL that wanted to bother me for another work center. It didn't go well for them.

Well when you schedule someone outside their availability the computer flags it. Sure they might do it on purpose but usually the ETL HR would catch it

To play d. Advocate we have people who get hired for one availability then try to change it within their 90 days. That has to be approved, changing it in EHR doesnt make it law.

Well when you schedule someone outside their availability the computer flags it. Sure they might do it on purpose but usually the ETL HR would catch it

To play d. Advocate we have people who get hired for one availability then try to change it within their 90 days. That has to be approved, changing it in EHR doesnt make it law.

It was HR that approved that bullshit.. He never tried it again. I am still kinda amazed I didn't get fired for how I yelled at him..

I put in availability for only week days wayyy back in June because I bored of being scheduled to work four 8hr shifts in a row with only one day of break then another 4 days then only one day of break. That's only 60 hours a check but a guy can only do so much in that one day off... literally could not do anything I enjoyed other than be with my girlfriend. I practically lived at Target and told people that and to say the least... I kind of meant it.

I put in my school availability in and that got changed ASAP, told me they needed me to close once a week and close Fri-Sat and I agreed. Of course, I get scheduled more days than they said. We're also really low on cashiers and front end team members because of college and other high school like me chickening out saying they can't juggle Work and High school (these are the people who complained to me in the break room that they had a 4 hour shift.)

So whatever I'm fine with that, I get one day off every 3 days that's fine. I'm gonna seize the opportunity to do things I need to do on those days though. I get that they need to cater to everyone else's needs as well. I feel like once we get a good team built back up it'll be okay... God I hate August. It's literally Judgement day as school claims all those souls back. For a bit there it was just me and a few other college kids who DIDN'T leave and a few older/elderly cashiers. Not to mention since Target Run Day customer traffic has DRASTICALLY increased, but every Sunday now we have some new $10 or %10 off sale and it's INSANE. We don't have the staff for it...

Anyways, point is. I think I'm gonna change my availability to better accompany my schedule. I've missed baseballs games, family birthdays, family vacations, I missed July 4th and Easter, I've missed me and my girlfriend's monthly anniversary date several times now. I noticed I'm scheduled to work until 10pm every single night from Sunday-Thursday... yippee... whatever lol. Don't need sleep for school anyways.

Considering my store's current situation I'm not gonna NCNS them, but I think what I'm about to change to is reasonable in my eyes. 4 days of work, 3 days of no work. I imagine it won't be honored, and I'll talk to the ETL or LOD about it(I actually never really thought about this, stupid me.)

Im glad the issue was taken care of. Couple of things here, just because you put in an availability or request off doesn't mean its approved. Please always go back in a few days and make sure it was approved. If it was denied just click on the request and see why. Sometimes its such a simple thing. People put in a 6 week rotating schedule and leave week number 6 empty. That means no hours for you that week. Also I know you may think HR isn't listening but they are. Remember they write a schedule for 150+ people each week. When they are tweeking it they may need to add an hour here and there and mistakes happen. This is really not directed at the original poster. Rather just a reminder on scheduling issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back