Archived Schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize this might vary by store but how far in advance are schedules made. My store has a board with a spot for this week and the two next weeks but when i worked last night the last one wasn’t up. I like to know as soon as I can but I don’t want to be going in aimelessly to check the schedule. And they told me not to rely on the online schedule (without giving an explanation)

My schedule posting tends to vary, but it is typically on Wednesday's that it is done. I currently have this weeks and next weeks schedule only. Between Monday and Wednesday next week, I'll have the following week.
They may have said that because of site issues recently. They have been fixed, for the moment. It is Target policy to update schedules in the computer system, so your online schedule should be current.

At my store they have to put the schedule up by noon on Thursday.

This is the company wide policy (10 days notice) although some post it earlier.

Seattle passed a law where they have to post it 14 days in advance (so they post on Sundays)

Seattle passed a law where they have to post it 14 days in advance (so they post on Sundays)

Only in Seattle not the greater Seattle area.

Lately, I haven't seen the schedule posted on Friday. We sometimes have to wait until after the weekend.

My store always has the schedule up by Thursday afternoon for 16 days in advance. For instance, the schedule was posted yesterday(Oct 19th) and I know my shifts up to Saturday November 4th

Is it company wide? Our schedule gets posted as late as Monday/Tuesday sometimes because my STL rips it apart and cuts after everyone submits preschedules. We expect it late Friday/Saturday sometimes. It's really inconvenient if you have another job or erratic school schedule, and your availability is ignored.

My store always has the schedule up by Thursday afternoon for 16 days in advance. For instance, the schedule was posted yesterday(Oct 19th) and I know my shifts up to Saturday November 4th

That's actually 10 days notice, because the first day of that week is Sunday October 29th.

Is it company wide? Our schedule gets posted as late as Monday/Tuesday sometimes because my STL rips it apart and cuts after everyone submits preschedules. We expect it late Friday/Saturday sometimes. It's really inconvenient if you have another job or erratic school schedule, and your availability is ignored.

Yeah I'll have to find it in the handbook. I can't believe some stores wait until Monday/Tuesday.

Ours is typically up Thursday, Friday morning at the latest. Only exception I've ever seen was for the Thanksgiving and Christmas week schedules. We have a right to know when we work lol.

Ours has always been very good at posting the schedule early. We typically have the next three weeks out with the fourth being worked on and posted on Sunday - provides ample time to swap shifts if needed. A++ for our leadership team on this item.

Ours came out Friday.

Any tips for working 63.75 hours in a week (Spot is a second job to a full time job)? I originally wanted 15-20 but they pushed for 20-25 during the holidays.
It’s going to be tough!

Ours came out Friday.

Any tips for working 63.75 hours in a week (Spot is a second job to a full time job)? I originally wanted 15-20 but they pushed for 20-25 during the holidays.
It’s going to be tough!
Plenty of coffee ... set at least 10 alarms to ensure you wake up on time ... relinquish all access to a social life ... do all laundry, etc the week prior to the heavy week ... sleep every moment you get. Been there, done that plenty of times. It's tough but doable. Also, don't let them push you into something you can't handle. If you physically cannot handle the hours just tell them. The last thing you want is to accept the hours then end up being tardy or even a no-show due to oversleeping, etc. thereby causing marks on your attendance. Be up front with them and all should be good.

Ours came out Friday.

It’s going to be tough!

Swap shift board lol.

I could do 50 to 60 at one job. Two separate places it's a bit excessive uniform switching/driving in holiday traffic etc.

My other job is 8-430 m-f. Spot will be 6-10 on weeknights (I already talked to them about not being available later than 10 even during holiday hours due to my other job) and then any time on weekends.

Ours came out Friday.

It’s going to be tough!

This is my life too. 40 at one job (7:30-3:30) and 20-25 at Target (closing weekdays and all day Saturday). My life revolves around work so anything home related (meals, housekeeping, etc) is shoved to the side. I finally asked for Sundays off so I could have at least one day with no job so I could have a better work/life balance. For me, it's just for a season (2 years and counting) but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Last edited:
Yeah once I’m past my 90 days and the holidays are over I will probably lower my availability. I had a job where I consistently worked OT and my personal life and housekeeping was non existent

Ours came out Friday.

It’s going to be tough!
Get as much sleep as possible! Don't start doing a bunch of stuff when you get home and end up going to bed way too late. Instead got to bed asap and do whatever you need to do in the morning if you have time.

I've worked 60-70+ hour weeks for a few years now and I manage just fine by planning out how to spend my time and sticking to it. It also helps that my other job gives me tons of vacation time, so I can easily take a week off or call off for a day when I'm just not up to it.

Swap shift board lol.

I could do 50 to 60 at one job. Two separate places it's a bit excessive uniform switching/driving in holiday traffic etc.
Having both jobs close together and with similar dress codes definitely helps. I hop in my car for 5 minutes and change my shirt in the parking lot and I'm good to go.

It’s going to be tough!

PS - Check your availability at both places and try to sync up at least one day off per week. Ex: ensure you receive Monday off at both places or Thursday if at all possible. For me, that was/is the key to surviving multiple jobs: having a definitive day off from both places will allow you to rest up a bit and take care of personal items.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back