Archived Scheduling Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last two months I have been continuously scheduled against my availability or without the 8hr gap in between shifts. As always, I bring it up to HR's attention and they alter my shifts so that there is an 8hr gap or I work when I am available. Lately, i have been having to close so off at 11:30 and then being schedule 5am the next day, then closing, and being there super early the next day, etc. I have been literally waking up, going to work, going home, kill for an hour and going back to bed only to start the routine again. So with all the altering my schedule around, I am noticing HR shortens my shifts so that it follows the 8hr gap and I end up losing my hours. Not only am i killing my existence of a social life but I am also losing my hours all because HR continuously messes up my schedule. I cannot tell you guys how many times I have had to speak with HR about my scheduling conflicts, I have even spoken to our ETL-HR but he's an idiot as well, he forgets at times to change my shifts so when i show up to work, my TL's think I'm always 2-3hrs late! Is there anyone else I can speak to so that this doesn't continue happening or am I going to have to be speaking with HR about my schedule every week from here on out?

Honestly, check your state laws on legal times between shifts. NYS is 4 for example, and even though spot rules say 8, I have had 4 hours between shifts before. Sit down with HR and your TL and explain how exhausting closing and coming in before 7/8am is. I spent the last two months closing on Saturdays and coming in at 7am on Sunday and even that was extremely rough so I feel your pain.

HR always needs reminders. I went in today and found out my ETL-HR forgot to transfer me and put me on the schedule and walked out with hours for this week(was told there wasn't enough payroll for me) and full time hours next week. Just try not to be too "diva" about it and look into alternatives, like maybe working a mid and coming in for 5am instead of closing. Be prepared to hear you might be the only one who can do both of those shifts and perform well, I've seen it happen to many people. I would just avoid mentioning the lack of a "social life", it can end in discreet retaliation. Push for the exhaustion route and you should come out okay.

When it comes down to the schedule it should be the ETL-HR you would want to talk things over with.
Art pretty much covered the main points, stick to the exhaustion and how it could cause safety issues.
Watch the hours though, I'd hope they wouldn't cut them back because you stood up for yourself.

I was told by my etl-hr that they don't follow the 8 hr between shifts rule anymore. She's been with the company for over 20 years now and is usually well informed.

It depends on your store/ETL-HR. Ours is very insistent that if we don't have 8 hours between shifts, we say something.

Our old GSTL used to care about scheduling conflicts and the such (he even gave GSAs weekends off, same with photo assistant!)... Now our new GSTL doesn't even care and just shrugs it off.

I recently talked with our ETL-HR about this and they said that our GSTL is in the wrong, and should be fixing mistakes instead of ignoring them (obviously...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back