Archived Scheduling me too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fairly new to target and we are a newer store that doesn’t have many people working yet. I am a part time worker who is in college. I told them I want to work 15 hrs a week, 20 tops. School is priority. And since I have been working here, I have been scheduled at least 25 hrs a week. I am being overworked between here and school and I can’t handle it, I don’t have enough time to do my school work. I stay up til 2 am doing homework. My question is, should I change my availability or talk to my HR about too many hours, both??? I don’t want to quit but it might come to that

Talk to your schedule writer. As with most things, the way Target handles information is absolutely terrible. Yes, we ask for your average/max hours on your availability. However, no where on mytime does it list that. We have to try to remember it for every TM. It may take a few weeks for your schedule writer to remember. Very few are actually going to go back and forth and re-check the availability. Most just check the previous week's schedule. If you don't complain, they'll assume it's fine.

You have a to tell them, and you might have to tell them several weeks in a row. I had that problem and finally went to HR and asked them which day did they wanted to remove from my schedule because I was over scheduled (again).

Talk to your schedule writer. As with most things, the way Target handles information is absolutely terrible. Yes, we ask for your average/max hours on your availability. However, no where on mytime does it list that. We have to try to remember it for every TM. It may take a few weeks for your schedule writer to remember. Very few are actually going to go back and forth and re-check the availability. Most just check the previous week's schedule. If you don't complain, they'll assume it's fine.
There is a way to put it in JAS when they're hiring the TM, that's the whole point of asking. Only my etl knows how to do it so anytime one of the HRTM does the hiring they screw it up.

When I change my availability, do I need to tell that to my HR or will they know?

If the max hours were entered correctly, it will flag as a violation for the schedule writer (while they are writing the schedule) in MyTime that you are scheduled over your max hours. At my store, all violations in all work centers are looked at and then either ignored or fixed by HR ETL before posting the schedule each week.

I'd suggest making sure that they entered your max hours correctly.

There is a way to put it in JAS when they're hiring the TM, that's the whole point of asking. Only my etl knows how to do it so anytime one of the HRTM does the hiring they screw it up.

No one uses JAS except for HR. I don't even know if the rest of us have access. Even if it does show up on JAS, it doesn't show on MyTime.

So I guess the trick to getting hours is pretending like I don't want 'em
Or enroll in a class or two at your community college.
Attempt to change avail to cover class time & PRESTO!!! Instant hours!
Then just drop your classes but don't change your avail; they'll schedule right over blocked time any way.

If the max hours were entered correctly, it will flag as a violation for the schedule writer (while they are writing the schedule) in MyTime that you are scheduled over your max hours. At my store, all violations in all work centers are looked at and then either ignored or fixed by HR ETL before posting the schedule each week.

I'd suggest making sure that they entered your max hours correctly.

The problem is that the ETL-HR is the schedule writer. We've had the overscheduling chat, and I was told "...that so many things flag, that I can't look at them all." My take, you can't be bothered to do your job.

The problem is that the ETL-HR is the schedule writer. We've had the overscheduling chat, and I was told "...that so many things flag, that I can't look at them all." My take, you can't be bothered to do your job.
^This 100%. The schedule is not a fantasy where you schedule whatever you want without checking when the team members are available to work. That is lazy, inconsiderate of the team and just sowing dragon’s teeth for later. If you feel that “so many things flag, that I can’t look at them all”, then you are not doing your job and someone else should be doing the schedule. If you missed someone’s approved request or scheduled them outside their availability, that’s on you. Apologize to the TM and fix it for them. It’s your responsibility to fix it, not theirs, because you screwed It up by not checking everything to start with. It’s so much easier to be responsible and do it right the first time. 🙄

Before I left my Etl ge told me he and the Etl log would be writing schedules for the areas they would own. Our Etl hr would be doing front end only. Part of modernization.

Then just drop your classes but don't change your avail; they'll schedule right over blocked time any way.

Lol, we had a kid who had constant schedule conflicts with his college classes to the point where he was having to hound HR several times a week about it (they kept giving him 40 when he could barely work 15) and I found out about it and talked him out of changing his availability so we could swap shifts instead. This went on for a hilariously long time, like 3-4 months of constant shift swapping. I was really bummed out when he quit because that full time schmoney was lit ;___;

The truth. I always get scheduled Tuesday nights and have to give up the shift because I have class.

No one uses JAS except for HR. I don't even know if the rest of us have access. Even if it does show up on JAS, it doesn't show on MyTime.
But it's supposed to flag as an expception if they're scheduled above their max hours the same way it should for minors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back