Archived Scheduling Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we all know that this time of the year hours are cut, but I never thought it would get this bad, I don't know if I am on my way out or not at thins point. It all started January 1st, I print out the schedule as soon as it drops on EHR and they had me working 4 - close on the 1st, somehow the schedule got changed and I ended up working 12-8:30 but I was 45 min late but because I showed them my printed schedule I didn't get in trouble, however my hours have been going down, the schedule that printed today has me at 10.5 hours, a 4.5hr shift (which is crazy s and almost not worth the gas for) on a Sunday, and a 6.5 hr shift on the fallowing Saturday, Maybe I am just paranoid over nothing, I have been with spot almost a year (will be a year at the end of the month) is this a normal thing, my GSTL says I am doing fine and no guests complain about me. The thing that has me worried the most is I missed a call from them this morning but they didn't leave a message, which regardless if I respond they always leave a message, I am just worried for nothing??

It seems to depend on how many seasonals are kept. Hours hit the toilet at this time of year...especially if many seasonal people are kept. On top of this, salesfloor people tend to get scheduled for cashier shifts so they can make up their hours. Which I found bizarre since cashiers cross trained on the salesfloor generally don't get to do the same.

Anyway, short shifts are also very common at my store for cashiers because there aren't enough bodies to cover lunches for everyone. So if the cashiers called out because they felt a 4.5 hour shift wasn't worth it, they wouldn't have any cashiers.

Salesfloor shifts are also shorter, due to no one on the salesfloor before 10am and trying to balance out hours for everyone.

These are all cashier shifts, its just bugging me, my wallet is hurting :(

Try not to worry too much...this happens at this time of year. I was at my old store and checked out with one iof the favorite cashiers (came in WHENEVER called, split shifts, staying late) who could always get close to, if not over, 30 hours every week. Anyway, she had 11 hrs. last week. So it does happen. I also reminded her to file for Unemployment since her hours were cut by over half.

Try not to worry or take it personal. This time of the year hours are scarce ...just hang in there things will get better in time. If you are looking more hours keep an eye on the swap shift board. Make sure your etl, tl, knows that you are willing to come in if someone calls out . Ask about training in other areas of the store. Hours are tight in most areas of the store. However, some areas may have extra hours here and there.

My issue is I make plans on my off days so when they call in, I usually ignore the call since I am already busy with other things, that is just the way I am I like to plan and if the plans get interrupted then I stress out, I am defiantly not a fly by the seat of my pants kind of person. :p

Nothing wrong with that.
It's called "Work/Life balance" & it tends to be in short supply sometimes.

Well we all know that this time of the year hours are cut, but I never thought it would get this bad, I don't know if I am on my way out or not at thins point. It all started January 1st, I print out the schedule as soon as it drops on EHR and they had me working 4 - close on the 1st, somehow the schedule got changed and I ended up working 12-8:30 but I was 45 min late but because I showed them my printed schedule I didn't get in trouble, however my hours have been going down, the schedule that printed today has me at 10.5 hours, a 4.5hr shift (which is crazy s and almost not worth the gas for) on a Sunday, and a 6.5 hr shift on the fallowing Saturday, Maybe I am just paranoid over nothing, I have been with spot almost a year (will be a year at the end of the month) is this a normal thing, my GSTL says I am doing fine and no guests complain about me. The thing that has me worried the most is I missed a call from them this morning but they didn't leave a message, which regardless if I respond they always leave a message, I am just worried for nothing??
Should never be late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back