Archived Scheduling Price Workload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's a pretty standard formula for figuring out how many hours are needed for pricing based on eaches/eaches done in an hour. I can't remember what that formula is though. And should I add additional time if there's a lot of salvage too?

Edit: Isn't the formula like eaches/120 = the amount of hours it should take to do the workload?

Last edited:
The standard we go with at my store is 1,000 eaches per 8 hours. I’m not sure if that takes breaks/lunch into the equation but if the person ticketing is very well organized they’ll make 1,000/7 work. We also pull as many TMs as we need to in order to finish the day’s workload and possibly get a jump on tomorrow’s, again depending on the eaches. I know I’m fortunate to work in a store that has a SD who’s been in role long enough to know when a TM has to have their workload shifted to support a process. They have also had to support other stores to help them get back to a good place. I know how lucky I am to work at a store that is usually ahead on workload.

Today was 4,000 Labels + 11,000 eaches to ticket.....120 hours ! SD, pricing ain’t coming clean today.....or any day til this all goes salvage.
Yeah, tomorrow ‘s number going to be even higher cause the one and only pricing tm was sent to SFS to pack.

My SD doesn’t even consider pricing a thing. Just in toys using the 120 rule for the last 2 weeks it comes to 38 hours.. got 0 👍

We don't have hours either. :(

I just want to speak to the amount and have a solid number of what we should be doing, should hours magically appear.
Our store has so many crutches in place. We take more trucks than we get hours for. So, specialty teams and closing experts are used to push constantly. We don't have enough DBOs or DBOs with extended availability to do more than just freight. We use our receiver as inbound help when they come in. Our closing TL typically spends their night ticketing (especially this month, lots of A&A). I don't think I've had a day to actually spend in my department with my team to coach them to do what's right... I've been carrying other departments while we figure out who's TL of what. It's a real fun time at target.

Pretty sure the standard is 90 an hour now. 120 has been outdated for a couple years. It would always say at the top of the price change forecast tool to not use 120 anymore. My store follows the 90 an hour when scheduling but often mentions the 1000 in a shift to get TMs to achieve a little more than the 90 an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back