SD Compensation Info

Hi everyone. Is anyone familiar with the salary ranges for store directors as they relate to store classification and volume? This is probably a long shot since a lot of this information is kept fairly quiet, even at the ETL level, but I'm genuinely curious.

From what I understand, most start in the low 100's if they're at a base store, but that is the extent of my knowledge. Obviously in a lot of cases it's district/group dependent, but I can't imagine that the numbers vary significantly unless it's a major metropolitan area. Are the ranges different for AA and higher? Do they receive regular raises?

Then there's the bonus, which obviously plays a significant part on top of base salary, I'm just not sure to what extent. Are golden contribution bonuses calculated in a particular way at that level? I've heard they can be anywhere from 10 to upwards of 50K.

Glassdoor was pretty good starting point, now I'm just wondering about the exact particulars. Is there a document or something that outlines the numbers in greater detail? Any information is helpful.

Cheers!

Store Director salary range for our company is $98,000-$177,000/yr; this does not include bonuses or any additional/supplemental benefits packages that raise yearly rates. I don't understand their bonuses, but I know they can be $15,000 to $60,000 +.

In my district, the SD asking salary starts at $111,000/yr with an average of about $147,500/yr. For the company as a whole, the average SD makes about $150,000/yr.

All SDs I know have been somewhat north of $140,000, and I know the highest can be upwards of $200,000 per year.

All of this is relative to where you live and the markets that surround your towns, counties, cities, etc, so if you really want to know, you need to understand the pay + experience to where you are and tether that to your market area.

Also, no one should get mad at me because all of these rates are public knowledge and can be found with a quick google search.

Last edited:
Store Director salary range for our company is $98,000-$177,000/yr; this does not include bonuses or any additional/supplemental benefits packages that raise yearly rates. I don't understand their bonuses, but I know they can be $15,000 to $60,000 +.

In my district, the SD asking salary starts at $111,000/yr with an average of about $147,500/yr. For the company as a whole, the average SD makes about $150,000/yr.

All SDs I know have been somewhat north of $140,000, and I know the highest can be upwards of $200,000 per year.

All of this is relative to where you live and the markets that surround your towns, counties, cities, etc, so if you really want to know, you need to understand the pay + experience to where you are and tether that to your market area.

Also, no one should get mad at me because all of these rates are public knowledge and can be found with a quick google search.
Thanks for your detailed reply! I come from another big box retailer, so it's interesting to compare things like this. In any case, it's pretty obvious that anyone at the SD/DSD level are seriously well paid, for better or for worse.