Archived Seasonal Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just curious, has your store started working the people that were hired on from the seasonal hiring event? If so, how many did they hire? How are they?

I know of a few that have started at my store. One is really good, the other I'm not so sure of.

All of the seasonals hired at my store won't last. They look so out of it at work, a couple of them barely do anything, just constantly walk back and forth with items in their hands to make it look like they're busy and they hide behind end caps. I give them another couple weeks.

Most of the seasonal hires at my store probably won't last but I don't think they personally want to.. This is just a means of some extra income for the holidays and to go on to other endeavors.

I was just curious, has your store started working the people that were hired on from the seasonal hiring event? If so, how many did they hire? How are they?

We hired 20 or so but four have been termed already (There is a Superstore episode where the regular employees place wagers on which seasonal will quit first) -- a couple job abandons, oh and this doesn't count the 3 bums who no call no showed orientation

I mean a mixed bag is expected right? Passing an interview for seasonal hiring is much easier than regular hiring, ETL-HR's are pressured into meeting quotas. My ETL-SL is very strict on hiring but after the first day of our hiring event, she had no hires and the other ETL's gave her crap for it. She has hired the last three interviews she had.

I'll speak for my store -- I think the people with a chance to stay on are those hired for positions where we needed a regular person but we hired a seasonal simply because they don't affect term rate if they don't work out. Like we definitely need a cart attendant but we were iffy on the guy we hired so we hired him seasonally so we can cut him (no loss) compared to if we hired him regular. I think he's doing a good job though so he'll probably stay. Same with our new backroom O/N.

But again... This is Target and you guys know how things get in January. Even if people do stay on, they will be working one shift a week because our stores will be dead.

Last edited:
you guys know how things get in January. Even if people do stay on, they will be working one shift a week because our stores will be dead.
I so agree!! After January, we shall see who will stick around.

All of the seasonals hired at my store won't last. They look so out of it at work, a couple of them barely do anything, just constantly walk back and forth with items in their hands to make it look like they're busy and they hide behind end caps. I give them another couple weeks.

I find there is an awkward animosity between seasonals and existing TM's. Some people who are under 40 hours are often upset a new person is getting hours that could of gone their way. Lots of experienced TM's don't see the value in training someone who will be gone in four weeks. You have seasonals just collecting a check, ones who want to do well but afraid to ask questions. Just an ugly situation all around.

I wish Spot did more to integrate seasonals into the team, instead they feel like mercenaries.

Last edited:
We had a huge hiring event and almost all of them quit after a day or two. We're currently trying to get more for sfs and cashiering.

I train the seasonal workers as if they were just like any other person. However, our store is batting zeros on people to stay in hard lines. We had an old lady that just sat in starbucks waaay past her breaks and if she did work it took her forever to put away abandoned. I constantly had to go over and help her. She didn't last more than a week and they let her go. However, now all the other people keep calling out and yet still have a job. Not sure I understand where my leadership is going.

My store hired a tons during the hiring event........you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the sales floor though. its a ghost town. I guess they all quit because my store just hired and are currently hiring HUGE classes of seasonals.

We hired 47 people :eek:. I thought we would never stop hiring. We had orientations twice a week. We already lost several of the seasonals. Some never showed up for their first shift, some lasted 2 days. Very few of them are good, they are hoping to stay on after the season is over.

I don't know our seasonal total but three have been termed, two more have job-abandoned & another is having 'schedule issues' with her other job.
3 have been termed already??? What did they do?

I got hired this week, my orientation is tomorrow, judgment day is in February around my Birthday, RIP me. :eek:

We hired 47 people :eek:. I thought we would never stop hiring. We had orientations twice a week. We already lost several of the seasonals. Some never showed up for their first shift, some lasted 2 days. Very few of them are good, they are hoping to stay on after the season is over.

47!!?!? Good Lord lol. Yeah for many of them you can understand why they need seasonal work.

We had maybe 3 or 4 applicants this holiday who were seasonal job abandons in Jas as non rehireable. Some of them only lasted 3 days at their old store then applied at ours. Like really? We also had someone who job abandoned our store in December, apply back. I was like really dude? I dont even think we called him (I usually allow other job abandons to at least explain themselves)

47!!?!? Good Lord lol. Yeah for many of them you can understand why they need seasonal work.

We had maybe 3 or 4 applicants this holiday who were seasonal job abandons in Jas as non rehireable. Some of them only lasted 3 days at their old store then applied at ours. Like really? We also had someone who job abandoned our store in December, apply back. I was like really dude? I dont even think we called him (I usually allow other job abandons to at least explain themselves)

We have a high turn over rate as it is so I wouldn't be surprised if we have a few job abandons.. smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back