1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Seasonal Hires

Discussion in 'General Target Chat' started by Leo47, Nov 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. marxlish

marxlish Guest

Had a seasonal walk out after she found out she wasn't getting rehired.
    I'm sad she's being let go, because she was pretty competent but it was frustrating. One of my other cashiers stayed late to help make up for her.

2. HRZone

HRZone ETL-Intern

Dumb on her part, now shes unrehireable. Finish your shift and reapply when people inevitably quit in the spring.

marxlish and LUR99 like this.
  3. calimero

calimero Team Member

At my store , even if you call out to go to a party and posted on Facebook , and have limited availability , you are being kept , that only works if you are related to someone higher up ...
    Feel bad for the seasonals who really busted their asses and showed up to cover shifts .. and stayed late ...

Logo, LUR99, HRZone and 1 other person like this.
  4. Logo

Logo Team Member

Seems like we guarantee some of our more seasoned TM all these hours when we could be using some of those hours for some of the more productive seasonal TM. For example members of pricing that don't respond to back up calls EVER! Dont even answer call boxes when standing next to one! Everyone is busy, everyone's work is important to them so lend a hand. I'm also of the belief of more hands smaller shifts. Relying one person or a 2 person team is crazy!

Him, Panda13 and Hardlinesmaster like this.
  5. Stubio

Stubio Senior Executive Cart Attendant Team Leader

I've noticed at my store that a lot more have either quit or got fired so seasonals should have a way higher chance of being kept compared to last year.

6. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

Hey guys I know this is an old thread but it's getting to be that time of year again! I haven't worked for Spot in 2+ years now but am considering coming back as seasonal this year as I now have a Monday-Friday 9-5 job meaning my nights and weekends are free. I could really use the extra income for the holidays! Has anyone heard anything about a hiring event this year for seasonals?

7. OP
    OP
    Leo47

Leo47 Team Trainer

Im excited for the seasonals, I love when we get new people and I train them I love knowing that I actually know more than someone for once lmaooo

8. Anelmi

Anelmi Team Member

It must vary by store bc mine is in 2 weeks but HRZone said his was in the middle of October so....check your local stores? We have flyers about it at every checklane.

9. HRZone

HRZone ETL-Intern

My understanding the one in two weeks is for regular talent and the one in October is for seasonal. We were told we can't start hiring until October 2nd seasonal for region 200

10. qmosqueen

qmosqueen Perishable Assistant Wizard

Seasonal hires ha
    I bet we get less than last year

11. Him

Him Team Trainer

@Flabbergasted you are correct in it is seasonal time for hiring. I can't speak for what particular store you worked for but at my current store and previous stores I am aware they have plenty of openings. Check with either your old store or try your hand at a new store if you prefer.

12. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

Oct 2 in my region too. Go in right around then. If there is anyone still there from before, try to connect with them too. We always ask around about rehires.

13. Anelmi

Anelmi Team Member

"Regular talent"....I feel the "talent" part has been woefully missing at my store lately.

Marcellow and Flabbergasted like this.
  14. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

15. Frontlanegirl

Frontlanegirl Team Trainer

qmosqueen likes this.
  16. TTGOz

TTGOz Team Scapegoat

My store is hiring 55 seasonal cashier positions, 30 SEASONAL FULLFILLMENT POSITIONS(what!!), about 7 per food area(frozen/dairy, grocery, produce, food ave etc) a Soft lines team lead, my GSTL is leaving so that will probably make it up on the Positions Available sheet, and a bunch of other various positions hiring for one or two regular TMs and a few seasonal.

I'm eagerly awaiting an electronics one to open up so we will see, may ask about it next time I work.

qmosqueen likes this.
  17. qmosqueen

qmosqueen Perishable Assistant Wizard

so we are hiring 100,000 team members, but i bet only 10,000 apply and out of that 10,000 ... 5,000 quit after 1 week.

so we will get about 2 new TMs per store sounds about right to me.

Anelmi and Yetive like this.
  18. HRZone

HRZone ETL-Intern

Yeah we are hiring 70 and we are a b volume

19. Nokiddiegloves

Nokiddiegloves Team Trainer

If this year is exactly last year, we will hire a bunch of flow people and cashiers then barely any sales floor. A few will annoy the crap out of our ETL-Log because they will want to be hired permanently. The cashiers will call guests "Customers" literally every sentence. Im ready lol

HRZone likes this.
  20. Noiinteam

Noiinteam Team Leader

My store is having a hiring event on or around October 15th.

Yetive likes this.