Archived Seasonal Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Self-fulfilling prophecy. Leadership doesn't want more mouths to feed, so they hire seasonals and give them the absolute minimum of training and expect even less. Naturally, largely untrained TMs perform poorly and either can't take the job or won't be kept around beyond the holidays. They're paying for a warm body for a few weeks, it's basically like freelancing to do cashier/reshops/zoning.

Morons.

I'm surrounded by morons...

lol

Any idea which week is the end for seasonals?

If Target wants to keep you, they have to ask you? Correct? They can't just keep scheduling you week after week?

If my store wants to keep a seasonal hire, they're pulled aside with the ETL or TL.
They'll go over observations about the hire's work from others then ask if they would be interested in staying on.
If the seasonal accepts, they are changed to permanent status & included on upcoming schedules.

If my store wants to keep a seasonal hire, they're pulled aside with the ETL or TL.
They'll go over observations about the hire's work from others then ask if they would be interested in staying on.
If the seasonal accepts, they are changed to permanent status & included on upcoming schedules.

So they have to ask you.

I want out but I refuse to quit before the end of the season. I am dying to know when my final week will be.

I have hated every minute I have worked for Target.

If Target wants to keep you, they have to ask you? Correct? They can't just keep scheduling you week after week?

At my store, this is our last week... :( 0 were kept, due to a local super target closing down.

My ETL-SF/GE took me to their office and gave me the news there.

Last edited:
Who decides on which seasonals are being kept? One of my GSTLs absolutely hates me. But I'm not sure if she has any influence in the decision
I'm a GSTL/GSA and at my store we partner with the ETL-GE but the ETL let's us do most of the decision making when it comes to terming seasonals.

I'm hoping now that seasonals are gone if I can jump on the opportunity train to start doing HL... lets hope.

or well I'll only hope but eh, I figure after 7 months of being at Spot they'd consider switching me up.

Since it's January, the season is pretty much over. I would ask someone at HR. You could just do a casual "Hey, any idea when we find out who's being kept?" Or something like that. I totally respect you not wanting to just quit because you made a commitment, but you also shouldn't have to be there longer than you need to be.

We did all of our talks tues/wed so that they weren't finding out via the schedule. Everyone was mostly on the same page as to who we were letting go so we skipped the meeting this year. We kept 4 of around 12 sales floor tms.

Thats cool, one of our seasonals probably should have been offered to stay last year but was a difficult cut. He reapplied this year and knocked it out of the park again, this time outperforming our regulars and getting a permanent position. I heard he has a young son and the job means a lot to him, one of those heart warming stories.

Totally agree its best to just tell them with as little drama as possible. We have one guy who has been seasonal two years in a row and may be back next year. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Thats cool, one of our seasonals probably should have been offered to stay last year but was a difficult cut. He reapplied this year and knocked it out of the park again, this time outperforming our regulars and getting a permanent position. I heard he has a young son and the job means a lot to him, one of those heart warming stories.

Totally agree its best to just tell them with as little drama as possible. We have one guy who has been seasonal two years in a row and may be back next year. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

I assume by your username that you are in Human Resources.

What does Target look for when deciding who to keep?

I assume by your username that you are in Human Resources.

Good attendance
Ability to follow direction
Ability to work independently
Room for growth
Good attendance
Open availability (or willingness to close)
Ability to work within a team
ETL likes you
Did I mention good attendance

Hires who work hard, even when no one is watching.
Hires who take the initiative to do things without being told but not without asking a few questions to make sure they're doing it right.
Hires who came in early or stayed late when asked, who always answered their phones or called back quickly.
Hires who came in prepared to work & left the drama in their locker, who seldom called out & were usually on time.
Hires who look for solutions instead of creating problems.

I'm not sure if ours have been told or not. I saw one still there today that I am positive they are letting go. It's the same one I was complaining about when trying to train her. She has been moved 3 times total. Can't believe they are keeping her.

I'm not sure if ours have been told or not. I saw one still there today that I am positive they are letting go. It's the same one I was complaining about when trying to train her. She has been moved 3 times total. Can't believe they are keeping her.

There is still hope. We kept a bunch of people around thru this week because we made sales and have payroll but Jan 1 they arent getting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back