Seasonal to long term?

Hello all! Started at Spot back in October and we just got the new year schedule. I’m wondering if the fact that I’m on it means I might be staying? Without a TL straight up telling me I’m curious if there’s other hints I’ll be staying.

Here’s what you do.
Show some initiative
Tell your TL that you have enjoyed working these past months and that you would like to stay after the holidays
If you are a hard-worker and your attendance is spotless,(or a cutie with a booty) you should have no trouble staying on after holidays.

Ok thank you! I only called in once or twice due to sickness but no no call no show/late attendance. I’m pretty sure my TL knows I want to stay and maybe become a trainer if possible since I’ve mentioned it to him a few times.

You called out 2 times in less then two months? I wouldn’t keep you.
OP said illness, not playing hooky. Would you really want a sick TM coming in, spreading their sick germs and getting all the other TMs sick, including you? And humanitarian, would you really want a TM coming in sick, pushing themselves too far for their state, and ending up severely sick, maybe even hospital sick?

OP said illness, not playing hooky. Would you really want a sick TM coming in, spreading their sick germs and getting all the other TMs sick, including you? And humanitarian, would you really want a TM coming in sick, pushing themselves too far for their state, and ending up severely sick, maybe even hospital sick?
You don’t work at Target anymore right?
let us handle our internal issues.

I'm still a guest from time to time. I also don't want to be catching something nasty because some leadership person decided that spreading very nasty viruses is the Circle special of the week.

And less tongue in cheek, not a lot of Target workers qualify for health insurance. Putting them in a position where they must come to work sick can either cause a medical bankruptcy or even death because exerting themselves instead of resting turns it into something far nastier and they can't afford a doctor for a work note or antibiotics. Any manager position in any industry that doesn't care about that potential outcome has a heart of pure cruelty.

I'm still a guest from time to time. I also don't want to be catching something nasty because some leadership person decided that spreading very nasty viruses is the Circle special of the week.

And less tongue in cheek, not a lot of Target workers qualify for health insurance. Putting them in a position where they must come to work sick can either cause a medical bankruptcy or even death because exerting themselves instead of resting turns it into something far nastier and they can't afford a doctor for a work note or antibiotics. Any manager position in any industry that doesn't care about that potential outcome has a heart of pure cruelty.
@ all seasonals, this ^ is the attitude that gets canned and promoted to guest.

It’s a little too soon to know how many seasonals the store can keep, but the TLs know by now who they would like to keep. We never knew if we could keep someone until the holidays were over, but the second that I heard I could keep someone I would let them know they were staying. If your TL has asked you if you would like to stay, that is a good sign, or if they tell you about things that have to be done after the holiday, that can be a clue, too. If a leader asks if you would be interested in working in another workcenter (not just for the day) that might mean they want to keep you but there’s no room in your current workcenter but there’s a spot open in another. Personally, I would not let go of a hardworking seasonal TM because they were unlucky enough to get sick and have to call out twice. Better to call out when you’re sick, stay home and recover instead of dragging yourself into work, getting sicker in the process and infecting the rest of the team. Good luck!

I guess it depends on the type of leaders you have, but I’d hope most are reasonable and realize it would be dumb to come into work sick and and contagious, not to mention it’s unhealthy to exert a lot of energy when you’re sick. All I can say is some leaders stress about attendance, but call out sick when they’re not feeling well. Maybe it’s not best to throw stones in glass houses.

It also depends on what kind of sick. Got a runny nose? Here’s a box of tissues. Dry cough? Here’s a bottle of water and some cough drops. Running a fever? Go home, get in bed, stay there until the fever is gone. Going to the bathroom more than your usual? Go home until whatever is inside of you has come out.

Calling out sick when you are really sick, even with just a cold, is completely legitimate and understandable.

Attendance problems arise when people call out for every little "reason", including I just don't feel like working today. Or leaving early and using sick time just because you don't want to be there. Then, when you're really sick, no one has sympathy because your attendance sucks.

Don't abuse the system, don't be a drama king/queen, don't make excuses, don't be late/leave early just because, and when you really are under the weather, it should be no issue.

You haven't heard?! All seasonals are being transferred to the first Target store on the moon. You better get to the spaceship with the other seasonals before launch. Bye.

(I've only been at target 3 months but hating seasonals was the first thing listed on my training schedule.)

You haven't heard?! All seasonals are being transferred to the first Target store on the moon. You better get to the spaceship with the other seasonals before launch. Bye.

(I've only been at target 3 months but hating seasonals was the first thing listed on my training schedule.)
3 months? That would make you seasonal as well.

No. Seasonal started in October, so he could have made it before that. Also, he could have been brought on as a regular anyway.

Seasonal s started getting brought in back in September. As soon as we can let them seasonal they are, makes it easier to let them go if they don’t stand out 🤷‍♀️

Dont assume just based on schedule postings. At my store we keep one seasonal a year. Never kept more in the decade i have been there. They post the schedule. Give you dummy shifts. And then will tell you if your canned. Assume you arent kept until actually told other wise and look for other jobs. Be pro active dont sit on spot's cheap butt to get back to you. I will say we have had permanent tms leave and they have called seasonals they liked to come back for that position so if you have impressed them that door is an option.

Back