Archived Seasonals being told theyre being kept before january?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalina

Bullseye Biatch!
Does your store do this? last year my store waited u til january to say who was being kept and who wasnt. one of the seasonals from this year said theyve already told her theyre being kept, and uses it as an excuse to be rude/not work etc. Its also causing drama among the other seasonals because nobody else thinks theyre being kept. shes known to be a pathological liar, so im just wondering if you guys think theres any truth to this?

Depends on needs of your store. She is lying.

Yeah, I have no idea what the leaders at your store do but we already know who we are keeping but we generally dont tell them that.

The exception we make is people we fear may leave and get a better job.

Last year they waited until january and told all the seasonals when they were being let go, and who was being kept at the same time. we do have a diferent stl now though. nobody thinks theyre keeping her cause shes always rude, and texts instead of zoning. but i dont feel right asking a leader, since its not really my business.

I don't believe they tell any Seasonal hires until the week before/after Christmas.

However I am sure that this doesn't ALWAYS happen, I've seen seasonals told "thanks, but no thanks" only to be told again that we would keep them, after a lot of people quit (talk about awkward).

Well found out from a gsa today that not only has she not been told shell be kept, but theyre pretty certain she wont be kept at all due to numerous complaints.

I've noticed the seasonal hires get told later and later every year. A few years back they told them pretty much immediately after Christmas, but it just meant all the ones not kept on called out for their NYE/New Year's Day shifts. Last year it wasn't until almost the end of January, probably to first see how so many regular TMs they'd lose once the hours dropped again so they didn't have to call the let go ones seeing if they wanted their jobs back.

None of them have been told anything yet at our store. I am sure we will keep at least 2 or 3 cashiers. We hired a lot, about 70% of them already have attendance issues so it shouldn't be hard to decide who we will keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back