Archived Seasonals leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will miss some of them! I like to be friends with everybody. Lots of them I won’t miss just cause they make the rest of our lives harder by NCNSing/Calling out or by just being generally kinda bad

It’s sad to hear everyone not giving any value to seasonals 😕🙄

I try to take them as they come and form my thoughts based on who they are and how they conduct themselves but to be fair the percentage of seasonals who actually have a decent work ethic and care about the job they do is so slim these days. We did better this year than we've done in years past and sadly some of those are leaving EVEN though our TLs are willing to keep them on. :/ It was nice to have the extra hands though I cringe at how my super zoning was wasted on those who push truck by just shoving product wherever.

I will miss some of them! I like to be friends with everybody. Lots of them I won’t miss just cause they make the rest of our lives harder by NCNSing/Calling out or by just being generally kinda bad

Amen! I second that.

From what I've scene the seasonal people we hired are really good except for a couple of slackers which I'm sure one will be kept because the boss has the hots for her.

I started as a seasonal TM four years ago and was kept on (obviously). Honestly, it seems like my store never fires seasonal TMs (I work flow). What ends up happening is half of them quit on their own before December.😂

So the survivors are safe 🤗

The seasonals who get let go get fired gor a reason. The hardest workers are kept around for a bit more to see how they hold up during 1st quarter where a closer eye gets kept on them. If you don't impress then, you simply didn't work hard enough. Retail teaches you to never get attached to seasonals. Life teaches you that you can still be friends outside of work.

We were mostly all seasonals at some point. If you work hard, we’ll keep you and appreciate you.
Wow I sure hope they keep me! You give me hope. I am a strong cashier, and will get even better. I am about the only cashier who engages with guests, and they emphasized that at orientation.

I don't understand the logic behind telling them before Christmas but maybe they are so desperate to cut payroll that this is the way they are choosing to do it?

Give them a head start on another job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back