Archived Seasonals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So out of curiosity, how do they let the seasonals know if they have the opportunity to stay or if they will be let go? Do we get called into HR one by one? Do they ask everyone if they want to stay? Is there another interview process?
I’m trying to prepare either way.
Also should I make it known now that I’d like to stay? Should I tell HR? ETL? Or just see if they offer to keep me?
I’m so nervous about it. 😖

I can’t comment on how they offer people to stay as I’m just not sure on that. However, definitely make it known to your TL’s and ETL’s that you’re interested in staying. Also try and get cross-trained in as many areas as possible and always come in when they call you and stay late when they ask (when possible).

So out of curiosity, how do they let the seasonals know if they have the opportunity to stay or if they will be let go? Do we get called into HR one by one? Do they ask everyone if they want to stay? Is there another interview process?
Also should I make it known now that I’d like to stay? Should I tell HR? ETL? Or just see if they offer to keep me?
ASANTS, but at my store when the TLs got the o.k. to keep someone we would tell them as soon as we were allowed to. We would also tell them to keep it to themselves, especially if we still had seasonals to let go. We never asked anyone if they wanted to stay unless we wanted to keep them. Good Luck!🍀

Actually at my store we the tl decide who we keep. And we put it to vote depends how many we can keep. We take in consideration attendance , and for me also how fast you work.

At my store they don’t tell anyone if they’re getting kept on or not, the only way you find out is that they just stop scheduling you 😅

If they're not going to keep you, they have to give you 2-weeks notice. If they decide to keep you, it honestly depends on your store/department. Some stores will ask you first before making it official. Others will just keep you on the schedule. If you want to stay definitely speak up. Let them know that if your department won't have the hours then you'd be open to cross training in other departments.

If they're not going to keep you, they have to give you 2-weeks notice. If they decide to keep you, it honestly depends on your store/department. Some stores will ask you first before making it official. Others will just keep you on the schedule. If you want to stay definitely speak up. Let them know that if your department won't have the hours then you'd be open to cross training in other departments.
I don’t need to give him 2 weeks notice if his 90 day is coming up all I have to say is we no longer need you.

I don’t need to give him 2 weeks notice if his 90 day is coming up all I have to say is we no longer need you.

No you definitely need to give them 2 weeks notice. I've seen the policies. If your leadership is telling you something different they're going against policy and are hoping to not get caught.

No you definitely need to give them 2 weeks notice. I've seen the policies. If your leadership is telling you something different they're going against policy and are hoping to not get caught.
This.

At my store, we make room for anyone who is doing a good job, and wants to stay. We have already had a meeting to figure out who to keep. Speak up and do a great job. Also, be willing to move departments. 3 of the ones we want to stay would need to work in another area.

I was asked if I wanted to stay on, but for people let go I know of one grocery TM who got a letter in the mail that his last day was today and he can reapply next year, and another HL TM was told by our ETL when his last day is.

So, even within stores, it's not consistent, I guess.

I've been wondering the same thing. I think the expiration date for seasonal at my store is Jan 23rd or some random day in Jan. Last week the ETL-HR explained to me how to request off & change my availability in Jan for a college course. My plan was to be seasonal while looking for a job in my original career field. It's left me wondering if I should go ahead and change my availability & and request time off I need at the end of Jan in case they keep scheduling me. The other issue that comes up for me is what if I get a job in my career field, I would give them a start date towards the end of my estimated seasonal expiration date, but do I still give Target a 2 week notice if they may let me go anyway?

Please, mods combine these threads!

At my store they call you in one by one and let you know but it wouldn't hurt to mention you want to stay. They actually forgot to tell me and I just kept showing up since I was scheduled and I finally asked a few months later like... I assume I got hired on? They were like no one talked to you?! 😂

Won’t they update your position in their website ? I’m now seeing my position as seasonal . So I assume if they are keeping us they should change it right?

Some stores will
  • Provide a letter of permanent employment
  • Provide a letter of seasonal period termination
  • Verbal communication
  • Drop you from the schedule

At my store they will do one of several things

Keeping you: ”We want to keep you on, just be sure to check your schedule posted next week” (no letter)

Not keeping you: “Here’s your letter, feel free to reapply next holiday season, if you want to finish your schedule for this week go ahead, your last day will be (date)”

Not keeping you because you suck: “Here’s your letter, sorry we weren’t able to keep you because we don’t have enough payroll, we won’t need you after today so today will be your last day”

I’ve never heard of a permanent status letter given to those they retain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back