Archived Second Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't the second location print on the box label? If they can print the * why cant they print the other location ?
It would save so much time.
I see people all the time hunting down TM that have PDAs.

Sometimes the second location is temporary such as an endcap, sidecap, or seasonal item such as back to school. The second location on the label would be pointless after a month or two.

Last edited:
at my store we mark labels with a blue dot to indicate that there is a second location ie: back to school items that are in office and in the seasonal area

at my store we mark labels with a blue dot to indicate that there is a second location ie: back to school items that are in office and in the seasonal area

The blue dots are sent to the stores to be used once a year for Back to School.

The blue dots are sent to the stores to be used once a year for Back to School.

Also, this is directed at the label on the box from the DC mostly concerning the flow team I am pretty sure.

It because of how quickly the second locations go away.

Why doesn't the second location print on the box label? If they can print the * why cant they print the other location ?
It would save so much time.
I see people all the time hunting down TM that have PDAs.

I actually think that's a great idea and I don't think it would be hard for the DC to implement this. Unless their software programming can't do it or maybe theres not enough space on the label.

I bet this is a huge opportunity for most stores, where your endcap is light or empty but your home location is full and you have backroom locations. Some stores just have TMs that don't scan for secondary locations and some just don't have enough equipment or both lol

I think it would be nice to have all locations on the pic label, even multiple shelves, I've seen those missed too.

I forget the window but I think it's like 24-48 hours before you have to have something sales floor tied in order for it show up correctly on the pic label.

I would love this because it would make it much easier for the team and it would make it easier to hold them accountable when not pushing to the piece because it would be clearly on the pic label.

If you want I can submit a "Let Us Know" and maybe a trailer feedback form on this idea and see what they say. It wouldn't hurt to try.

Is there any DC people out there that have any insight on this?

There is an "*" on the white label on the box.

Yes we are aware that there is an asterisk and NightStocker mentioned this but it doesn't mean they know where the second location is. If the TM doesn't have a PDA, how are they supposed to know its on a checklane, side cap, or in another department.

NightStocker's idea would just make it a lot easier for flow TMs to do their job correctly. I always tell my team to scan the item before sending it for backstock, regardless of the asterisk or not and if they don't have a PDA, they should borrow one.

I am all about making things more efficient and this definitely would do that. But maybe once all stores get the MyDevices, there might be enough equipment for everyone.

Yes we are aware that there is an asterisk and NightStocker mentioned this but it doesn't mean they know where the second location is. If the TM doesn't have a PDA, how are they supposed to know its on a checklane, side cap, or in another department.

NightStocker's idea would just make it a lot easier for flow TMs to do their job correctly. I always tell my team to scan the item before sending it for backstock, regardless of the asterisk or not and if they don't have a PDA, they should borrow one.

I am all about making things more efficient and this definitely would do that. But maybe once all stores get the MyDevices, there might be enough equipment for everyone.
With the new devices should resolve any issues. I have not tried the spot mobile app on multi location box yet. I am curious, if it will show all locations?

Which tells you there is a 2nd location, there was a 2nd location, or there will be in the future a 2nd location! Fucking annoying!!!
I understand. At least, it was an attempt to communicate. They are all over BTS stuff, right now.

They are everywhere and it's hard to train a newbie cause they may or may not be set. I just tell them the idea behind it and to be aware. Shoot it if you have PDA 2nd locs on the scanners would be sweeeeet

@Hardlinesmaster are you talking about the Target mobile app or the MyDevice app??

That would be sweet if you could use your own phone as a PDA, but that could cause a lot of issues, especially if TMs break their phones on the job. I know the app gives the home location w/o schematics but I think that's it.

@Hardlinesmaster are you talking about the Target mobile app or the MyDevice app??

That would be sweet if you could use your own phone as a PDA, but that could cause a lot of issues, especially if TMs break their phones on the job. I know the app gives the home location w/o schematics but I think that's it.
I was talking about the mobile spot app. I haven't tried for that yet. Sorry for the confusion.

I always wondered why Spot doesn't make end cap ties show up first before home locations (Especially End Cap items that are on sale).

Last edited:
Second locations used to show up on the red price scanners at my store. You would scan it & get the home location, then if you scanned it again it would show a different location if there was one. It was sooo helpful. So of course they took that away.

and after you decide, without a PDA, Well, let's go for it! So ya haul your tub or flat all the way across the store to find out it's fully stocked.
Hey, how 'bout that 3rd location? Let's rush ALL THE WAY OVER THERE....Oh LOOK it's the Planogram Team, clearing the shelves to stock a whole new batch of crap there, and NOBODY SHARE's WITH YOU THE NEXT DAY THERE's been changes, "RED"ICULOUS!

I always wondered why Spot doesn't make end cap ties show up first before home locations (Especially End Cap items that are on sale).
In NOP locations come up in the order they were tied, starting with the most recently tied. Not sure how they are ordered in Item Search.

Speaking of second locs, CDs and DVDs often have up to four locations.

In NOP locations come up in the order they were tied, starting with the most recently tied. Not sure how they are ordered in Item Search.

Speaking of second locs, CDs and DVDs often have up to four locations.

I think Item Search shows the home location first, but I could be wrong.

DVDs are a pain to re-shop for that reason. One will be located in an aisle, on an endcap, on the back wall, on that random DVD endcap near home decor, and at the lanes. Drives me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back