Secret Bonus Again?

It was fewer than 2 TLs per store in my district. Tms are a percentage of your store.

I let my tms know that everyone is not getting the bonus. I remind them that as with pay, they are allowed to tell anyone they want. I also ask them to be mindful of those who might be upset by the news.

I had heard it was one per department at one point.
If your store has approximately as many departments as available bonuses, then they might decide to divide it like that. My store is small, so 4 out of the 10 bonuses were given to my team of 7 baristas. We almost gave a perfect 5/7 to my team.

If your store has approximately as many departments as available bonuses, then they might decide to divide it like that. My store is small, so 4 out of the 10 bonuses were given to my team of 7 baristas. We almost gave a perfect 5/7 to my team.
Interesting! I don't know what we consider departments in that way, but we have 13TL, and 4 ETLs plus the SD.

I got my secret bonus too. I think 2 TL's per store get selected and 10 TM's
I’m not sure how many TMs get selected or if it varies by store but in my store, 20% of the TMs got it.

As for TLs, it’s a district quota. ETLs and SD can nominate TL’s, (and/or BPs if that’s the case for AP, PM) but they have to be approved by the DSD and HRBP. Ultimately, they can be thrown out if the district sees a better candidate throughout the list.

I straight up asked my HRETL, since my ETL mentioned it during my evaluation. She said she doesn't remember all names and her computer was down, but she said she would be shocked if I didn't get it. Who knows if that's true or not, but she said conversations would happen over the next week.
I do not know what it means, but when I look at my worker history in workday, I see the change history for the compensation change, but it has a part with no date for visibility for the TM, whereas the section for the merit raise with the evaluations in April, it has a visibility date on it.
I asked my HRETL about it and she said stores were getting bumped up generally as hiring incentives, for stores that have a hard time hiring. Our store apparently has a good application flow.

I’m not sure how many TMs get selected or if it varies by store but in my store, 20% of the TMs got it.

As for TLs, it’s a district quota. ETLs and SD can nominate TL’s, (and/or BPs if that’s the case for AP, PM) but they have to be approved by the DSD and HRBP. Ultimately, they can be thrown out if the district sees a better candidate throughout the list.
Only TMs at my store were selected to receive the bonus. TLs were not considered. It was the same last year.

TLs already get a bonus for the fiscal year, $500 - $1500 depending on store metrics. It's weird that they'd be included in this bonus as well. They also receive larger merit raises come review time, topping out at 6% compared to PG35's 4%.

TLs already get a bonus for the fiscal year, $500 - $1500 depending on store metrics. It's weird that they'd be included in this bonus as well. They also receive larger merit raises come review time, topping out at 6% compared to PG35's 4%.
It’s not weird. TL have been eligible for this bonus the past few years since 2019 if I remember. I think last year was the first year that they included TM’s. TL’s deal with a lot. There has to be some kind of incentives to be a TL and do a good job. Most people say it’s not worth it to promote to TL. But these potential bonuses can make that difference to some

Last edited:
It’s not weird. TL have been eligible for this bonus the past few years since 2019 if I remember. I think last year was the first year that they included TM’s. TL’s deal with a lot. There has to be some kind of incentives to be a TL and do a good job. Most people say it’s not worth it to promote to TL. But these potential bonuses can make that difference to some
I agree. We have almost no control over the bonus we get in April because it’s based on the whole store. And even if the whole store is running flawlessly, it still depends on how accurate Target was with their payroll allocation and sales goals.

This mid-year bonus is almost entirely based off of my own performance compared to my peers. And some favoritism, of course.

TLs do deal with a lot, but they get up to a $1500 bonus every year already. They can also get a 6% increase on top of their pay, the base of which is now $7 or more over the PG35 base in many areas. If it isn't enough of an incentive to be making $22 dollars when your TMs are only making $15, I doubt potentially getting another $400 once a year is going to make that difference.

But for TMs making just $15, it will. Especially if busting our asses all year long might only get us a 4% increase.

TLs do deal with a lot, but they get up to a $1500 bonus every year already. They can also get a 6% increase on top of their pay, the base of which is now $7 or more over the PG35 base in many areas. If it isn't enough of an incentive to be making $22 dollars when your TMs are only making $15, I doubt potentially getting another $400 once a year is going to make that difference.

But for TMs making just $15, it will. Especially if busting our asses all year long might only get us a 4% increase.
I guess I just don’t see the issue. TM’s are eligible for the bonus. That’s great news. As for TLs it is an incentive to do a great job. Yes TLs can get a bonus in the spring of “up to” $1500. That entirety depends on metrics and metrics alone. This bonus in the fall is all based on a TL’s individual performance and not everyone gets it. I think it’s great that they do this and now TMs are included. This would be like me getting upset that ETLs get bonuses. If they work hard for what they do why shouldn’t they be awarded?

The bonuses just hit my store. This week with tl's and etls being like hey could you stop by my office? I have something good to tell you.

I guess I just don’t see the issue. TM’s are eligible for the bonus. That’s great news. As for TLs it is an incentive to do a great job. Yes TLs can get a bonus in the spring of “up to” $1500. That entirety depends on metrics and metrics alone. This bonus in the fall is all based on a TL’s individual performance and not everyone gets it. I think it’s great that they do this and now TMs are included. This would be like me getting upset that ETLs get bonuses. If they work hard for what they do why shouldn’t they be awarded?
Because every bonus they gave out to a TL could have been given out to TMs instead, who don't get a bonus at the end of the year or the chance at a 6% increase.

I straight up asked my HRETL, since my ETL mentioned it during my evaluation. She said she doesn't remember all names and her computer was down, but she said she would be shocked if I didn't get it. Who knows if that's true or not, but she said conversations would happen over the next week.
They came up to me today and indicated that apparently the awards dropped into the etls mailboxes to review, but for some stores it was done early, basically, she was saying they wouldn't be announcing them at my store this week. Makes me wonder that someone is backpedaling.

Because every bonus they gave out to a TL could have been given out to TMs instead, who don't get a bonus at the end of the year or the chance at a 6% increase.
Knowing Target as long as I have I doubt that would of happened. If TL didn’t get the bonus that money would gone elsewhere not to team members.

I'm one of the Chosen ones again! 😊Wasn't sure I would be, thought they might want to spread the wealth around this year. The money is awesome of course, but the nice words that came with it are appreciated as well.

It's been another interesting and challenging year, that's for sure. Just have to hold steady and roll with the punches.

Back