Archived See You Later, Target!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a year of searching for a job, I finally earned one working for a state agency (I won't post specifics until after my 2 weeks). I put in my 2 weeks and am eagerly awaiting leaving!

I feel like I should explain my reasons, if for no other reason than to get these feelings out:

When I first start, 4 years ago, I knew the type of work I was getting into but truly didn't mind as we had a team of fairly experienced individuals under a leadership that had existed together for a decade. Over those years, however, my ETL's job was swapped to 5 different people, with 5 different styles of management, each given less and less resources with which to meet goals that keep rising without any chance for the team to consistently achieve them.

My store values payroll above all, we went from a closing team of 15 a night to a team of 2 (LOD and GSTL/A) but expects more than they did when the team was over 7x as many. Pressure mounts as too many in the leadership has a "**** rolls downhill" mentality and, as a TL myself, I sought to protect my team from that as much as possible by using my personality and interpersonal skills to teach and encourage my team while blunting criticism that usually boils down to the ETL's being consumed with using as little payroll as possible, and being surprised with the results.

The one thing I'll be happy about is being able to plan things again; to be able to say, with certainty, that I can go out one night at X or head up to Y for the weekend.

It feels good.

Congratulations.

Another one set free from retail.
Drop by now and than to let us know how things are going.

Now fly, fly, fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back