Archived Seeking Advice: Thinking about becoming a TL, but dropped out of college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been with Target for a few years now and my ETL has encouraged me to apply for a TL position. Before I got this job I was attending school but dropped out after getting poor grades. I do want to go back eventually but until then I am considering being TL.

What I would like to know is if this will affect my chances of getting the promotion. Will they ask for my transcripts? If so, will my grades cost me the job?

Your store has no business looking at your transcript. If anything, your leadership should be happy that you have greater availability than if you were taking classes.

Of course, if you want to eventually become an ETL, you may be encouraged to finish your degree.

Nobody cares if you're a TL with no degree. In fact, that's better, because if you have no degree you have no ambitions of promotion to ETL and they can keep you as a TL as long as they want.

No matter what anyone tells you here, the ONLY people that Target is really interested in recruiting for ETL are 22-year old recent college grads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back