Archived Self-demoting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about stepping in down in a few weeks...maybe. What is the process for this and is there the risk of just being flat out fired for this request. I am not a TL, but I am in a high stress position that is TL-like but not TL. My health is suffering for it. I need advice. Thank you!

So, you're a TM who wants to step down to a TM?

Yes, I am GSA. The job is getting to me. My mental health is not conducive to a job like this. I really do not know why I though I could do it. I have been in a position for little over two months. And yes, I am TM wanting to step down to TM. The expectations are unreal with redcards and survey scores. There are so many variables that I have no direct control over. Yes, I can influence the cashiers to get more redcards, but that only goes so far. I also don't like getting verbally assaulted by guests for monitoring line lengths and wondering why I am not on a register. I know it sounds like I am irate about it, but I just do not want to get fired for requesting this.

You should be able to step down if you aren't a TL, the only thing is they might switch you to a different workcenter (I.E. Salesfloor, etc)

Talk to flabbergasted about how that position can affect your health. It is the most exploited position at Target , in my opinion.

If you step down, they will still have you "fill in" when needed - which will be often - but they will take your pay away

So...the conversation did not go well with my ETL. I was pretty much given an ultimatum that was either a do or die type situation. My STL is out at the moment for the next week, and I am pretty much at his mercy at this point as to whether I stay or get fired. Here is the weird thing though. They are hiring for my old position. I think the writing is on the wall. Either that or I will live with lots of resentment there. Sorry to be vague. I am doing this intentionally for privacy. Am I paranoid or is this not going to end well?

So...the conversation did not go well with my ETL. I was pretty much given an ultimatum that was either a do or die type situation. My STL is out at the moment for the next week, and I am pretty much at his mercy at this point as to whether I stay or get fired. Here is the weird thing though. They are hiring for my old position. I think the writing is on the wall. Either that or I will live with lots of resentment there. Sorry to be vague. I am doing this intentionally for privacy. Am I paranoid or is this not going to end well?
I didn't think they could keep you from demoting, unless you were on a corrective action. Since your old position is open, what is the problem?

My logic just says that they will promote up a TM inside and outside hire another person for my old job. It is on a popular job board, right now. It might just be coincidence, though. Does that make sense?

It should be doable without a problem.... I would STRONGLY SUGGEST transferring to a different department, though. If you "step down" but still stay up front, I can guarantee you're basically going to get slammed with the same responsibilities you had when you were a GSA.

One of my good friends self-demoted from GSA and now is exclusively at the service desk. He will jump over to the lanes if we're in backup. And he also will take shifts on the floor on other days. I've never seen anyone ask him to step into the GSA position again - but that's probably because he let them know that he is no longer a GSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back