Archived Selling displays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which displays? If its licensed, such as Avengers, Lego, etc. that is a legal problem.

If it's furniture, it's a safety issue.

My question is, selling it and giving the money to who? You can't sell displays, I think, so who is the money going to?

Furniture, bikes everything that is sent to us specifically as a display. So apparently, we offer free assembly now! At least at our store.

Yep we are missing several furniture ones cause one ETL doesn't get they are "DISPLAYS" and labeled as such.. The missing pieces get called out on every walk You can't miss the holes, bookcases, TV Stands. I think our signage person refuses to order them just so she can say "But ETL Duckfuck will just sell them again." Which has happened with one of the bookcases.

Furniture, bikes everything that is sent to us specifically as a display. So apparently, we offer free assembly now! At least at our store.

If there specifically for displays, no. It could be a cheaper version of the actual item or missing parts. Once an item goes discontinued/clearance, we either throw them out or sweep them.

And do you mean like assemble furniture right out of the box as soon as the guest pays for them? 0.0 Not only is that time consuming, it could be a legal issue if something falls apart and injures someone.

Last edited:
I had an epic fail and put a sticker for FF on a display of a seasonal chair. At the time, I was in a hurry and didn't know it was a display at the time. Luckily it got put back.

The Signage displays like Lego, Avengers, Halo video games, we take those home, they slip out the back door..

The Signage displays like Lego, Avengers, Halo video games, we take those home, they slip out the back door..

Yeah, there's that. I don't know where the flamingo's went. They flew out the back door too.

That's different than selling them .

I had a guest argue with me about buying baby car seat displays. I told her they weren't actual safety products. They even say, Display Only.

I knew then how stupid and irresponsible people could actually be. Some people would feed their babies ground glass if it was cheap enough and packaged pretty.

"Can I buy the display?"

"No sir, the person who put it together used duck tape and hot glue. They are not the handiest of people."

"Really I doubt they are that bad."

"Trust me sir, I am awful at arts and crafts".

Love that.

I always made sure they ware tied down so they had to be cut loose before anybody could sell them.
Most of the time that would be too much trouble, though we did have a guest actually do it with a a barstool after he was told he couldn't buy it.
I would write display on the bottom of some of them, the tea kettles especially.
Cutting the cords off of the powered displays helps.

I remember when we changed out the car seats though and had to put the old ones in the compacter.
They probably would have be fine for regular use, it was just about impossible to crush them.

We at least try to be sneaky about that. No one could resist Lego Batman! But the furniture displays that has cost our store so much cause one we reordered and duckfuck sold it AGAIN! So I know she (signing Ninja)refuses to reorder that one until we get the "Home" remodel.. We are not responsible for replenishment issues and selling the display is not a fix for that issue. Its actually making it worse.

I used to put some 'display only' stickers over the UPC of displays I built eg. barstools/dining chairs, but that didnt stop them from being sold, and it's not just ETLs who do it. Even when I secure them with the toughest 'cut your finger off to remove' zip ties so that people realize they are displays, guests still demand to have them on the floor to test out. I get that, but am I the one who gets them down and then reattaches it? No, and the person who does take it down will absolutely never in a million years bother to do so, so the next guest who wants the chair will just take it to the front thinking its for sale and the gsa will just vibe out a price, leading my etl/stl to complain later about the hole on the shelf. I think I've rebuilt the same two chairs at least 4 years in a row now because of this.

Some displays are sellable like Halloween, Christmas, and out of the box small appliances. I really hate how HQ has "out of the box" displays! Can't they just send the non functional replica? It can be confusing when re setting. Then we have the non sellable displays like car seats, infant furniture, toys, furniture, vacuums, and PLATES! No my plates are not sellable! Then I have to reorder what's already on backorder. I have so many missing. My etl sold my teal accent table about a year ago and I still haven't received it.

Don't get caught, that's a big nono since those items are licensed. As much as I would love "Flying Iron Man Overhead" or "Lego tub of Heros" it's not worth my job. I am always sad to have to throw cool stuff out.

Well duh... :)

I used to put some 'display only' stickers over the UPC of displays I built eg. barstools/dining chairs, but that didnt stop them from being sold, and it's not just ETLs who do it. Even when I secure them with the toughest 'cut your finger off to remove' zip ties so that people realize they are displays, guests still demand to have them on the floor to test out. I get that, but am I the one who gets them down and then reattaches it? No, and the person who does take it down will absolutely never in a million years bother to do so, so the next guest who wants the chair will just take it to the front thinking its for sale and the gsa will just vibe out a price, leading my etl/stl to complain later about the hole on the shelf. I think I've rebuilt the same two chairs at least 4 years in a row now because of this.
I just re-zip tied the stools the other day...guest was trying to figure out why prices didn't match from display to box on shelf. Every stool was cut down and just tossed on the shelf. I tied then down tight and left spare tires in both spill stains near there for periodic tree-tying.

TVs should be the only real displays sold. Depending on the year, the displayed Christmas trees are either donated or sold. Any other electrical items the cord has to be cut. Furniture and baby displays are safety issues.

I just re-zip tied the stools the other day...guest was trying to figure out why prices didn't match from display to box on shelf. Every stool was cut down and just tossed on the shelf. I tied then down tight and left spare tires in both spill stains near there for periodic tree-tying.
There should be anchors. It'd be tempted to drill them into the wall instead of zip ties. Its what we do to mount the bigger furniture, might as well make it impossible.

"Can I buy the display?"

"No sir, the person who put it together used duck tape and hot glue. They are not the handiest of people."

"Really I doubt they are that bad."

"Trust me sir, I am awful at arts and crafts".

I had to requisition all sorts of different colors of duct tape when I was signing. Those damn displays never went together right.

I'm referring to the ones used to attach book cases and other heavy displays to the aisle. Takes some screws but I'd use those to attach it. No removing them then without a screwdriver.
Doubt my signing ninja or pmt would go for that. Might take some thinking outside the box and extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back